TB ?

mediumspw

36 minutes ago, mediumspw said:

Do i need a hitchhiker on my travel bug? New to geocaching and so far most caches seem pretty small. Was wondering if we can just leave the tag in a cache.\Thx.

I'm relatively new to geocaching myself, but I have always attached my travel bug tags to something...it just seems more interesting, and more secu - re.  Just the travel tag itself is small, and easily lost.  Wait for a cache container that is large enough to hold your tag and attachment - and create a story for the travel bug.  I've set a few in motion and I attach a wine cork to them and send them off to visit wineries near and far!

I've also hidden a few caches, and one is large enough to hold trackables, and I use  that as a starting point for some of mine.  A lot of caches nearby are too small to hold travel bugs - if you can find one that's fairly secure, and large enough, and found often enough, you can revisit with your travel bugs and exchange or just drop them off.

Most trackables we've seen have something attached.    You can just drop the tag, but expect a couple logs that they "only found a tag".  We mention an item missing if it isn't written it's "just a tag" on the trackable's page.  An item doesn't need to be large, we saw one with a tiny zipper pull attached once.    :)

Most times we don't use phones, so unless a missions with it, we don't know what's up until home.  Whenever we see just the tag, we'd assume that whatever was attached got broken, or some kid grabbed it (that cute toy while the parent's back is turned).