Challenges, Souvenirs, Etc

Geonomes

Souvenirs are usually announced a couple months ahead of time. Your best bet to hear about them is by subscribing to the geocaching.com newsletter, reading the Blog, and/or liking the Facebook page.

The page referenced above is not a guaranteed list of souvenirs. As noted at the top of that page, it says "scheduled or likely to be released". The list is created by The A-Team, not by Groundspeak.

The Help Center article on Souvenirs lists by country and year.  It won't list upcoming until they've been announced elsewhere (blog, newsletter, facebook) and sometimes lags those considerably.  As now, the Signal souvie was announced some time ago, but it's not in the Help Center article. A Team list tends to be current.  Most of what's there is  a list of Mega/Giga events, which always get a souvenir as part of the GeocachingHQ sponsorship.  

The help center is linked twice on every page of Geocaching.com, it's one of the three links in the pull down to the right of your username in the upper right corner page, and it's in the bottom right.

20 hours ago, Geonomes said:

Where can I look to see different souvenirs and challenges happening in 2018?

Others have already plugged my site, so I don't need to worry about that part. :laughing:

As for challenges, do you mean the summer promotions where you need to find specific cache types or meet some other requirements to get a souvenir? If so, we won't hear anything about that until closer to the northern hemisphere's summer. They may not even have anything like that this year. We simply don't know until they tell us. Once anything souvenir-related is publicly announced, I'll add it to my site.

46 minutes ago, SeattleWayne said:

It'll be interesting to see what summer promotion they come out with this year.

If there's a promotion this year, I hope they do a bit more planning this time or make it simpler. The one last year was apparently set up by the marketing team with minimal involvement from the developers, which led to quite a few technical issues, unnecessary limitations, and general confusion.

"Let's make better mistakes next year"? :laughing:

• Upvote 1
On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:40 AM, palmetto said:

The Help Center article on Souvenirs lists by country and year.  It won't list upcoming until they've been announced elsewhere (blog, newsletter, facebook) and sometimes lags those considerably.  As now, the Signal souvie was announced some time ago, but it's not in the Help Center article. A Team list tends to be current.  Most of what's there is  a list of Mega/Giga events, which always get a souvenir as part of the GeocachingHQ sponsorship.  

The help center is linked twice on every page of Geocaching.com, it's one of the three links in the pull down to the right of your username in the upper right corner page, and it's in the bottom right.

The Help Center's list of souvenirs is WAY behind.  Just an FYI.  I used to rely on it to see not only the most recent souvenirs, but also upcoming souvenirs would be listed in italics if the date to earn them hadn't arrived yet.  The list has become very unreliable for seeing what the current souvenirs are, let alone future ones.  Just sayin'.

(Went there today to see if there was going to be a souvenir for the upcoming "International Day of Geocaching" since an announcement was made today for the geocoin going on sale).

Thanks,

John