Offline maps for cgeo

slowfox

I'm having trouble getting offline maps to appear in cgeo on my Nokia 6 and my Samsung SM-531F.  I've dowloaded the maps onto sd cards from mapsforge without any problem but when in cgeo-Menu-settings-maps I cannot get them to appear.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Bizarrely I've used these for the past 18 months or so but have messed up when trying to update my maps!

Thanks,

Slowfox

1 hour ago, slowfox said:

I'm having trouble getting offline maps to appear in cgeo on my Nokia 6 and my Samsung SM-531F.  I've dowloaded the maps onto sd cards from mapsforge without any problem but when in cgeo-Menu-settings-maps I cannot get them to appear.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Bizarrely I've used these for the past 18 months or so but have messed up when trying to update my maps!

That App has a FAQ site.  That's a good option to find out about issues.

Looks like c:geo was updated recently.  I tried new and old maps just now on a fresh install, maps on the external card and internal, and could not get them to load.  It's not working.  These are MapsForge ".MAP" files which work in my other Geocaching Apps. 

You could use c:geo totally offline with maps and Pocket Queries, without any site scraping.  But I never used c:geo for anything, and always end up deleting it.  I prefer other Apps.

Edited by kunarion

A couple of tips:

• OpenAndroMaps.org has equivalent & compatible maps to MapsForge, but with topo contours.
  • Locus Map does the things you ask of the app you mention and even uses the same-format maps, without the website scraping part.  I believe it does support map files on the SD card, but I gather SD support has been a (Google-created) problem for everybody.  That part I haven't tried.

Closing this thread, as unauthorized apps are not permitted topics. Please see the Help Center for a partial list of authorized developers.

12. Discussion of geocaching applications created by Authorized Developers is permitted. Limited non-promotional references to unauthorized geocaching applications are generally permitted. However, support questions or significant discussion of unauthorized applications should be directed to their discussion forums.

• Upvote 1