Way to Post multiple caches on same day?

PapaBear82

My brother in law and I are working on a power trail in our are and was wondering if there was a way to do the whole creating the cache page of multiple ones over several days without submitting it to a reviewer and then come back and post all of the cache pages to a reviewer on the same day, that way the whole trail would go live roughly the same time.  Just wondering what is the best way to do this without sitting down and doing 30 cache pages one right after the other.  Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.  

12 minutes ago, PapaBear82 said:

My brother in law and I are working on a power trail in our are and was wondering if there was a way to do the whole creating the cache page of multiple ones over several days without submitting it to a reviewer and then come back and post all of the cache pages to a reviewer on the same day, that way the whole trail would go live roughly the same time.  Just wondering what is the best way to do this without sitting down and doing 30 cache pages one right after the other.  Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.  

Just ask the reviewer to publish them all at once. At least here it's done frequently. When there's an event and 100+ caches are placed attendees get a GPX file and at the end of the event caches are published all at once so they can be logged online and non-attendees can go after them.

• Upvote 1

FYI, submitting them for review all at the same time does not guarantee publishing all on the same day. Reviewers might sometimes review a few at a time. After all, they have lives, too. :)

As Maurice said, when you submit them for review, write a note in them asking that they all be published at once, maybe saying how many there are so that the reviewer knows when the submissions will be complete.

There is no way to "bulk submit" caches. They must be done one at a time. But reviewers have a way of publishing them in bulk, or at least in a very short time frame. So submit one at a time with a request to the reviewer.

• Upvote 1

We do something similar with an annual event.

People submit caches with a note that they're for the event.  Meaning, to be published with all the others.  The reviewer does the usual checks, then - assuming all is well - locks the listing and puts it in a special "pile" with all the others.  When the time comes, the reviewer has an efficient process to unlock-and-publish them all.  (I think sometimes they even enlist a second reviewer.)

I'd have to guess that reviewers appreciate receiving the listings sooner, and having time to review them, rather than seeing them submitted all at once.

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, Viajero Perdido said:

I'd have to guess that reviewers appreciate receiving the listings sooner, and having time to review them, rather than seeing them submitted all at once.

I see that caches sometimes have a "placed date" months before the events take place. So they get reviewed, ready to be published, a long time in advance. When the event ends at 5 or 6 in the evening 100+ caches are published in a very short time. Maybe there's some kind of scheduling possible so they are published automatically or in bulk after selecting them all.

• Upvote 1

I suggest you contact the reviewer who has handled your caches (assuming these are going to be in the same area) and ask how they'd like you to proceed. 

Ask that they be published together in a reviewer note.  If two different account names will be owners, specify that.  Write 'em up as soon as hidden and submit as soon as ready. Don't sit on them. Better that they trickle in over time than hit the review queue all at once. 

• Upvote 4

I read the question differently…

Yes.  When you’ve finished editing the cache, just click Save or Save & Preview instead of the default Submit for Review — at this stage only you can see the page.

Once all your cache pages have been created, go back and edit each one, and click Submit for Review — now the reviewer can see the page too.

• Upvote 2

I just published a series of more than 100 caches in your area for the Clearfield County GeoTour.  The caches were submitted in batches over a period of weeks.  I liked that.  It smooths out my work so I'm looking at 10 caches at a time, not 100. 

Allow extra time for the review process when lots of caches are involved.  If you submit two caches on Thursday, odds are good that I can publish them by the weekend.  If you submit 100 on Tuesday with a request that they all be published at once on Saturday morning, the review process is likely to be unpleasant for both hider and reviewer.  Inevitably there will be guideline issues with some of the caches.  Resolve them quickly, or the caches with issues won't be ready for publication at the same time as the others.  And, what if the reviewer is on vacation that week, or is facing a Friday deadline for a big project at their paying job?  If you give two weeks notice, odds are good that your reviewer will have some free time somewhere in that period.  That much notice also gives you an opportunity to move any of your caches if needed to meet the listing guidelines.

Leave a custom, meaningful reviewer note on each cache page.  There's a space on the cache submission form for that, and for good reason.  Your reviewer needs to know what kind of container you used, and how it's hidden in the environment.  Bad reviewer note:  "Another for our series, please publish Saturday."  Good reviewer note:  "This is part of the XYZ series that's being hidden by [other account] and me.  We'd like to have them all published on March 1st.  This cache is a small lock 'n lock hidden in a hollow tree on the riverfront trail behind Memorial Park. The trail is on the opposite side of the river from the railroad tracks."

One caution specific to your area, but which may apply to others:  your profile says you live in a city near the boundary between two reviewers' territories.  Write to the reviewer who is actively publishing caches in the area where most or all of your series will be hidden.  The reviewers will work out the details.  It's easier for one reviewer to handle all 100 caches, instead of one publishing 75 and the other the remaining 25.  If you stick close to home, you will be lucky enough to have skeetsurfer review your caches.  If you are looking at an area south of your home, you may be stuck with me.

• Upvote 4