Found goods

Bodoni

I was Geocaching today and found some things in the brush that don't seem to be trash-out material. I found a camera, electronic organizer, and mystery object, all in a bag with a shoulder strap. They were all pretty damp, but the organizer works and the camera's flash and winder work. If you lost a pack like this just off-trail in the Terwilliger Blvd. area (a.k.a. There-ain't-no-sat-lock-in-this-area) please let me know. If you can identify the camera make, organizer make, pack color, mystery item, OR any three out of four, plus throw in a good location for my next cache, they're yours. I won't even tell you about the huge slug that was trying to eat the pack.

quote:
Originally posted by Bodoni:

If you can identify the camera make, organizer make, pack color, mystery item, OR any three out of four, plus throw in a good location for my next cache, they're yours.

Cannon, Panasonic, yellow, and the mystery item is a Leatherman.

I bet i got at least 2 of the four...

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

I can't imagine that whoever stole my wife's purse/bag while we were looking for this cache in Kent, WA would've brought it all the way down to Portland, OR, but it's worth a shot.

Disposable camera (RiteAid?), Handspring Visor standard (with 8MB memory module), black bag, and a gift certificate to ''Build-A-Bear''.

And a microcache in the overhead beams in the parking garage at Lloyds Center would be fun. You'd have to take bearings from outside of the garage. Maybe a Tonya Harding theme...

'''I wonder what Latitude or Longitude I've got to?' (Alice had no idea what Latitude was, or Longitude either, but thought they were nice grand words to say.)'' -- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

i lost it at the 'softball sillies visit spongs' or the 'spong!' cache. if anyone has it, please let me know. i miss it.

also, that expensive electronic equipment was mine. it was pink and it had glitter and stickers of kittens and butterflies, right?

If there's gravity, then how you explain birds!?!

quote:
Originally posted by pdxmarathonman:

Seriously, somewhere in the Palm Software is a place to enter owner's name, contact info etc. No guarantee the owner did of course. If they have a contact list you can start calling and emailing icon_wink.gif

Yeah, I thought of that, but it's not a Palm/Handspring and I can't find any similar feature. I looked at the address book and it seems to be filled with mainly business names, so contacting them probably wouldn't work. I may call some individuals -- mainly in the Eugene area.

As for all of you unlucky guessers -- no one has even hit one item correctly!

quote:
Originally posted by pdxmarathonman:

Seriously, somewhere in the Palm Software is a place to enter owner's name, contact info etc. No guarantee the owner did of course. If they have a contact list you can start calling and emailing icon_wink.gif

Yeah, I thought of that, but it's not a Palm/Handspring and I can't find any similar feature. I looked at the address book and it seems to be filled with mainly business names, so contacting them probably wouldn't work. I may call some individuals -- mainly in the Eugene area.

As for all of you unlucky guessers -- no one has even hit one item correctly!

I was waiting for some return phone calls, but I think I've waited long enough.

camera make = Ricoh

organizer make = Sharp

pack color = green

mystery item = headset flashlight

I also found a car adapter for a Nokia cell phone nearby.

Now, do I develop the film and see if there are people or caches I recognize? I think so. I hope everyone's fully-clothed!

quote:
Originally posted by Bodoni:

Now, do I develop the film and see if there are people or caches I recognize? I think so. I hope everyone's fully-clothed!

A surprise bonus to next Wednesday, methinks?

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

Hmm. No help there. Some pix of a guy, lots of cats in a car, some local places, some snowy places, and another person or two. No trail of caches, no cachers I recognize. I'll bring them to the next event I attend. I can't attend the Tues the 20th event because I'll be droning Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce like all the other maniacs at the Rose Garden.