How to get a list of DNFs

gasbottle

The web site map now displays a blue icon on caches that I have logged a DNF on but not subsequently found. Is there any way to get this information in a PQ or a bookmark list? I realise that I can create a list and add caches to it, but that won't address all the DNFs already logged unless I do it manually.

Only Third Party apps like GSAK let you create such a Bookmark List. I've done it for you:

https://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?code=BM4Q9W3

Use this link (BM List without archived caches) to check all caches and move them to one of your own list.

https://www.geocaching.com/play/search?bm=BM4Q9W3&t=1.0-5.0&d=1.0-5.0#Content

Hans

NB: "This Bookmark List will self-destruct in five days. Good luck, gasbottle"

Edited by HHL

Thanks for the lists, Hans. I've created a new list based on your second offering, but that includes all the caches where I've logged a DNF and subsequently found it. Is there any way to filter out those that I've found to leave just the unfound DNFs?

It's probably quicker for me to manually remove the found ones than manually create an unfound list, but my feeling is that I've found about 2/3 of the DNFs on the list. I'm trying to get to a list of caches that I've been to but not found so that I can target them on future trips.

Thanks again for your help

14 hours ago, HHL said:

That's definitely the list, Hans, thanks again. But, I'm intrigued as to how you created it. The filter appears to be just "I haven't found", but there's some reference to a bookmark(?) in the URL. I have created a bookmark list with the DNFs I wanted and I can maintain that easily, but is there some way to do it automatically?

First I got all your DNFs via Groundspeak's Api. Then I bulk copied that caches onto a BM list. Now I open the BM list in a special view by building the url in a specific way.
You can do this manually or with the help of a GSAK macro. See that post:

Hans

10 hours ago, HHL said:

First I got all your DNFs via Groundspeak's Api. Then I bulk copied that caches onto a BM list. Now I open the BM list in a special view by building the url in a specific way.
You can do this manually or with the help of a GSAK macro. See that post:

Hans

Thanks for this. It seems there's a lot of detail I haven't yet encountered. Time for a new question...