Another lame forum topic

Seth!

Even though the griping about memberships has died down, it seems like the forums get more and more lame.

Have you noticed that there are guys like "The KGB" who have only left their computers long enough to log 4 finds but have 119 forum posts? What's up with that?!

I think I'm going to stay away from the "general" forums and stick to the "Northwest" forums, where at least we have *real* geocachers who post intelligent topics.

Except this one.

- Seth!

Yeah, i try my best not to reply to any posts on the general discussion board. It's all just the same stuff recycled every two months or so. Some of it's kinda funny though.

But i chech the NW forums daily because i don't want to miss out on spur-of-the-moment get-togethers and such. Sometimes people put concert or game tickets in caches they've already been to and post it here, too.

I like the NW forums because i think i know everyone here. Maybe not directly, but i've probably found one of your caches!

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

There has definitely been a dilution of useful information and somewhat depressing that one of the most frequent posters doesn't even know basic grammar or spelling. It is nice to see that the "Northwest" section is getting more use from the Portland area cachers.

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be."

-Douglas Adams

There are a ton of geocaching Yahoo groups on the state level (geocaching_ut (Utah), geocachng_ca (Calif), wageocaching (Washington), etc.

We could certainly start one for Oregon. If anyone is so inclined, post it here and I'll join up (I've not the time to be the group moderator)

I agree the weeks right after the Charter Membership announcements were amusing. icon_wink.gif But I lean more towards this forum as well. Not so much garbage to wade through. And I'm starting to feel like I know most everyone already.

mgc.jpg

"No matter where you go, there you are." -- Buckaroo Banzai

I agree the weeks right after the Charter Membership announcements were amusing. icon_wink.gif But I lean more towards this forum as well. Not so much garbage to wade through. And I'm starting to feel like I know most everyone already.

mgc.jpg

"No matter where you go, there you are." -- Buckaroo Banzai

Northwest Forums are the funnest to read. I love the Yahoo group too. I think it leads to bonding and more caching, and the comfort to directly contact players in getting ideas and assistance, information and suggestions! Long live Geocaching ... In the NW! - CT icon_smile.gif

CameraThyme icon_eek.gif

[This message was edited by CameraThyme on April 07, 2002 at 08:35 AM.]

Northwest Forums are the funnest to read. I love the Yahoo group too. I think it leads to bonding and more caching, and the comfort to directly contact players in getting ideas and assistance, information and suggestions! Long live Geocaching ... In the NW! - CT icon_smile.gif

CameraThyme icon_eek.gif

[This message was edited by CameraThyme on April 07, 2002 at 08:35 AM.]