New option, show only all finds

snerty53

It is nice that the advanced search for caches you've found displays archived caches on the map too; though the limit to only 1000 is unfortunate.  Otherwise, the MyFinds PQ results have to be viewed on an external mapping tool (eg GSAK) - I believe a general PQ for found caches doesn't include the archived.

AFAIK, the only way to see all your found caches is the Advanced Search list view, or the MyFinds PQ download.

15 minutes ago, thebruce0 said:

[...]

AFAIK, the only way to see all your found caches is the Advanced Search list view, [...]

No. Unfortunately the Advanced Search list view does only show the first 1000 caches.

bec32c26f4b7142afe7b3dd49a64454a.png

Hans

Edited by HHL

Nice answers gents but that is not exactly what I mean.

I want to see my founds on the Geocache.com map, as smiley and not as a listing. So, normally you see on the map all finds, not-finds and not yet logged, for all types of caches. If you deselect a certain cache type your finds, smileys, for that cache type also disappear, see pictures.

Without filtersTraditional caches deselected.jpeg

Without filters and all types.jpeg

Yep, again, here are the current options:

1. The only way to retrieve ALL finds (including archived) is via MyFinds PQ, but without a gc.com map view.
  2. You can get a map of ALL your finds (including archived, but without your non-finds for toggling types) limited to 1000 items, via the Advanced Search
  3. You can view a map preview of a Pocket Query of all your finds (but without archived caches).

So I'd support the suggestion to have a method of viewing ALL finds, including archived, without non-finds, on a map. For technical reasons I could understand a throttling of loading smaller chunks at a time (like 1000), but at least giving the ability to see them all.  It's a matter of resources. With the growing number of people >10,000 finds, it'll get more and more server intense to generate that sort of custom map layer on demand. (I'd expect)

Edited by thebruce0
On 13-1-2018 at 9:03 AM, Optimist on the run said:

You can see a map off all caches found by a given user (including archived) with the map compare tool at Project GC. For example, a map of all my finds can be found at https://project-gc.com/Tools/MapCompare?profile_name=Optimist+on+the+run&onefound=on&showdisabled=on&showarchived=on&submit=Filter

I

This is a nice view, all my finds, thank you Optimist on the run.