Problem with the website?

Hopefully this is the right section of the forum.  I couldn't find any section about issues/bugs.

Is anyone else having issues with the website?  For the past 3+ (?) days, whenever I go to any cache on the website, the coordinates look like the attached screenshot, and also the map doesn't work, and I haven't been receiving any notifications on my TBs (which have had drop-offs & retrievals) or any new geocaches (if any have been published).

Not sure what's going on??

(My browser is--and has been--Microsoft Edge).

Thanks,

John

Example.jpg

when I go to your profile it says you are a "not validated premium member" - the cache in the image is a premium cache and I believe that is what basic members see when they view premium caches

maybe you need to check your emails for a validation email?

also it says this: 

E-Mail Address:
The "Send Email" feature is disabled because this email address has not been validated by the user.
Edited by allrounder
  • Upvote 1

Funny you should mention the validation email.  I just went onto the site on my smartphone's browser, to check and see if I still have the same errors there.  When it had me log in, it said first I have to validate my account and to check my email.  Well, I've been waiting for like 5-10 minutes already and so far no email.  (??)

Why would this happen?  I've been a premium member for the past two, almost three, years and use the site pretty much daily.  Then, like 3 days ago everything stopped working correctly.

(??)

P.S.  Just went back to the login page again and made it send a 2nd validation email.  This one came through.  Looks like things are working now!!  Thanks!!!

Edited by Spacemann Spiff
Added P.S.
5 hours ago, Spacemann Spiff said:

Why would this happen?

The only way I've heard of for a validated member to become "not validated" is for system email to that member to start bouncing. Groundspeak has to do something when mail to a member's address starts bouncing. If they keep sending email to bouncing addresses, then the big ISPs start blacklisting Groundspeak's email servers.

• Upvote 1