Waymarks that are not reviewed for weeks

kJfishman

8 hours ago, wayfrog said:

The German wailer and yammerer does not understand. :laughing:

It's just taking a word and expanding it into a phrase or a sentence. The idea is to create a sentence or phrase related to the subject word. Sometimes they come out a bit weird, like this one.

I used to do things like this to pass the time, then I discovered Waymarking. :lol: :D:lol:

Here's another example: PLANET

Perihelion, Like Aphelion, Noted Each Tour.

Keith

Two friends and I set up a category in Waymarking called Literary Bookmarks for Families. We've waited a month now for the category to be accepted, but have heard nothing. Is this usual? We feel like our fee for creating a category should be extended until the month we are approved. We can't post anything in our category. Any recourse to help speed things up?

13 hours ago, mariesontag said:

Two friends and I set up a category in Waymarking called Literary Bookmarks for Families. We've waited a month now for the category to be accepted, but have heard nothing. Is this usual? We feel like our fee for creating a category should be extended until the month we are approved. We can't post anything in our category. Any recourse to help speed things up?

Your new category failed peer review and was not accepted as a new category.  The problem with your category is that it is redundant with other Waymarking categories already in place, which is one of the major review criterion for category acceptance.  

It's REALLY hard to get a category accepted, even as an experienced waymarker like myself who has been doing this since the game started in '05.  I have gotten one accepted in thirteen years.  You and your officers, on the other hand, according to your posted profiles, have never posted or visited a waymark before trying to create a category.  Normally, an idea is put forth into the forums BEFORE peer review so that waymarkers like myself and others can give advice as to viability and issues with any new category.  Seriously, it REALLY helps to get out and PLAY the game awhile before you try to add a new rule to it, don't you think?  Especially, as authors, you probably should have gone and explored the literary and historical categories already out there and THEN try to make your tweak.

Here are the issues with your category - 

1.) You cannot force someone to join a group to post a waymark.  This can be a violation of Groundspeak terms of service.

2.) Literary Sites Waymarking category is already in place for locating the sites mentioned in books - this is where the redundant category bit comes in.  This reason is what absolutely killed your category.

3.) Globality - You have stated "for Families".  No mention was made to the older waymarker such as myself who really waymarks alone if they are shutout of this category.
Unfortunately, as the category stands now, I'm not sure how you change it to get it through Peer Review.

Since you are such a new waymarker, you had no idea to go into the Waymarking application and see how the Peer Review was going.   You also should have gotten an email that your category failed review - it probably went into your spam folder or was overlooked because it came from "Waymarking".  Also, just for your information, your "fee" is a Groundspeak Premium Membership across the entire site - Waymarking, Geocaching, Wherigo, Benchmarking, etc.  On this forum, we are all in the same boat as you are - members, some premium.  By posting on the forum about extending your "fee" for creating the category, you are really showing how much of a new waymarker you are and how much you don't understand about what is going on with this game.  I really wish you had come to this forum BEFORE you spent money and had asked questions so we could help!

Again, I posted in another Forum thread back on April 11th that:

"I'm feeling sorry for the member who posted this new proposed category (Literary Waymarks for Families), especially since she went and purchased a premium membership to be able to be the founder of the category.  Yes, she definitely didn't read, didn't understand, or didn't vet  the four categories to keep in mind when putting in a new category.  She definitely didn't know to get the category vetted through the forums.  I do think that the feedback given by the members is generally positive in nature, even though the proposed category itself is a redundant one.  I know that when I created my new proposal, I couldn't have created the quality category without the feedback from the rest of the Waymarking community at large.

This experience shows the importance of actually Waymarking first, in many, many categories before trying to create new proposed categories.  My hope is that the member in question will actually try to go out and waymark, both visits and creates  - especially in the categories that have been stated as the redundancies to her proposal.   Anyway, my two cents...

There you go - this is why you aren't seeing your new category.  I'm sorry that you did not get or did not see that email from Groundspeak - I know that I got an email when my category was accepted.

14 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

Marie,

That seems like a very long time to wait! 

You don't have to be a PM to post a waymark but maybe you are saying only Premium members can be officers?

Heya Max and 99- 
Marie is the founder of the Literary Waymarks for Families category that failed Peer Review last month. I think she is under the impression that all new categories are accepted and that she should be able to waymark into it right away.  I just wrote a long response to her.

I joined the group to see what is written about the category and :

Category Status: Your group's category, Literary Book Marks for Families has been sent to peer review. It will be reviewed by the Waymarking community until 4/12/2018.

That explains why she did not received any email, because normally when a category failed in Peer review, you have this

Category Status: Your group's category, Hut in dry stones has been denied by the Waymarking community.

Is Wayfrog or any Groundspeak lackey read the forum ? Could you give the result of this category in Peer Review ? It failed but not officially

41 minutes ago, Alfouine said:

I joined the group to see what is written about the category and :

That explains why she did not received any email, because normally when a category failed in Peer review, you have this

Is Wayfrog or any Groundspeak lackey read the forum ? Could you give the result of this category in Peer Review ? It failed but not officially

That would make sense, then...

1 hour ago, iconions said:

Heya Max and 99- 
Marie is the founder of the Literary Waymarks for Families category that failed Peer Review last month. I think she is under the impression that all new categories are accepted and that she should be able to waymark into it right away.  I just wrote a long response to her.

I assumed it was that category, and that's a long time to wait on the category decision.   I see the other responses have an explanation for this now.

22 hours ago, Alfouine said:

...Is Wayfrog or any Groundspeak lackey read the forum ? Could you give the result of this category in Peer Review ? It failed but not officially

Category Status: Your group's category, Literary Book Marks for Families has been denied by the Waymarking community.