Corrected coordinates not included in pocket queries generated from bookmark lists

TupeJaPete

I generated pocket queries from two bookmark lists and every cache in the GPX files has the original coordinates, not the corrected coordinates should a cache have them. Same seems to apply for 'My Finds' pocket query. However, if I generate a manual pocket query, for example all unfound mystery caches in 50 km range, corrected coordinates are included correctly.

Can anyone else confirm this is not just me by any chance?

This makes bookmark list pocket queries pretty useless if I generate, for example, a query of 1000 unfound but solved mysteries from a bookmark list and the corrected coordinates are not included.

Can anyone else confirm ...?

I just ran used Search > Filter > Mystery AND "has corrected coordinates".  I added the returned caches to a List, and queried by PQ the list. I got corrected coords. 

Thinking on this some more, I also created a PQ for 15 Mystery caches centered on a GC Code - code of cache with corrected coords. On running that PQ, the caches (2) with corrected coords came with corrected coords, and the other 13 did not.

Edited by Isonzo Karst

Tried to generate a PQ from a bookmark list again today and now it seems that the caches have corrected coordinates again in the GPX file. It seems to have been a temporary fluke. Anyways, here are the steps how I recreated the situation if someone else has this problem at some point:

My Lists > (A bookmark list with only solved mysteries) > Create Pocket Query > Select current day and check 'Run this query once then delete it' > Submit
=
corrected coordinates not included

Pocket queries > Create a new Query > Select current day and check 'Run this query once then delete it' > Select mystery caches around my home location in 50 km range > Submit
=
corrected coordinates included

Also 'My Finds' PQ had only original coordinates for all caches. I cannot verify that yet because I cannot generate a new 'My Finds' PQ until 2 days.

I don't know if it matters and affects this situation, but my premium membership was renewed on the 1st of January and for some hours my status was reverted back to a basic member before my payment via Google Play was recognized by Groundspeak. However, by the time I generated the PQs yesterday, I had had the premium member status again for about 24 hours so it shouldn't have mattered anyways if being premium or not even makes a difference in PQs/corrected coordinates.

15 hours ago, TupeJaPete said:

Tried to generate a PQ from a bookmark list again today and now it seems that the caches have corrected coordinates again in the GPX file. It seems to have been a temporary fluke. Anyways, here are the steps how I recreated the situation if someone else has this problem at some point:

My Lists > (A bookmark list with only solved mysteries) > Create Pocket Query > Select current day and check 'Run this query once then delete it' > Submit
=
corrected coordinates not included

I ran this exact scenario today using a list of 61 solved puzzles because I wanted to use the map view of the PQ preview (which I could have done much more easily using the search feature but I wasn't thinking).  When I viewed the map of caches from the PQ I was surprised to see smiley faces in locations where I knew I did not find a cache.  It was showing me the original coords. I didn't verify all of them earlier so I just ran the same PQ and compared it against the same list using the map view of both the PQ and the map view in Cachly.  What I noticed was that all unfound solved puzzles were shown at the corrected coords on both map views but the found caches in the PQ showed some at the original and some at the solved coordinates.  I thought maybe the PQ was trying to show all the found caches at the original location same as it does using the map on the website - where the pin moves back to the original published coordinates once found but that is not true since I got a mix of both corrected and original.  The map view on Cachly showed all caches, regardless of found status, at the corrected locations.  If you wanted to share your list of solved mysteries with someone it could potentially send them on a wild goose chase for some of the caches.  You would think in the case of lists for solved mysteries it should present the corrected coordinates.

I don't think your membership status has anything to do with it.  Mine's been renewed since August.

8 hours ago, Twinklekitkat said:

[...] If you wanted to share your list of solved mysteries with someone it could potentially send them on a wild goose chase for some of the caches.[...]

Sharing a bookmark list with caches doesn't mean sharing corrected coords. The CCs are account specific.

Hans

Edited by HHL
Typo
4 hours ago, HHL said:

Charing a bookmark list with caches doesn't mean sharing corrected coords. The CCs are account specific.

Hans

Thanks for "sharing" that information Hans. :) That was just an assumption on my part.  I have never shared a list with anyone and have only on a few rare occasions actually shared corrected coords with someone.

I hope it's okay to use this topic, since its not too old and fits quite well.

My experience is the following:

• Download pocket query (zipped GPX files): always includes corrected coordinates if available, original coordinates otherwise
  • Download single GPX file from cache page: same as pocket query
  • Download single LOC waypoint file from cache page: same as pocket query
  • Download LOC file from bookmark list (no matter, whether it is yours or not): always includes original coordinates, even if corrected were available

This is somewhat confusing and you never know (just from one file), whether the coordinates are corrected or not.

It would be very helpful, if the GPX file contains both coordinates, corrected and original. To not break current applications, a new element in the GPX XML for original coordinates would be a possible solution.

On the "Advanced Search" Page, you can filter for "Has Corrected Coordinates" (yes and no). It would be nice, to have this possibility for pocket queries as well.

Regards, Chris