TRAVEL BUGS AND COINS

2 ol coots

8 hours ago, JAKE THE FOX said:

I do have the same problem with a trackable on my car. The log shows, but I cannot find the travel route on Google earth.  An other trackable  of mine shows its travel route normal in Google Earth. Any suggestions ?? Thanks for the help....

The site does not know where your car is.  The way to accrue miles is by logging your TB at caches.  Log "Visits", for example.

• Upvote 1
On 1/1/2018 at 6:00 PM, 2 ol coots said:

I recently purchased 2 travel bugs and a coin. I activated them and now can't find how to make a log for them. Can anyone tell me how to do it? I have other tractable's but it automatically took me to where you set up the bug. ??? Help!

What do you mean, "make a log for them"? Are they showing up in your inventory? You log them by going to caches and "dropping" or "visiting" them to the caches.

Or do you mean you cannot find how to go to the trackable's page and edit it? Is this what you mean by "where you set up the bug"?

More detailed description of the problem, please. :)

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:00 PM, 2 ol coots said:

I recently purchased 2 travel bugs and a coin. I activated them and now can't find how to make a log for them. Can anyone tell me how to do it? I have other tractable's but it automatically took me to where you set up the bug. ??? Help!

2 hours ago, TriciaG said:

What do you mean, "make a log for them"? Are they showing up in your inventory? You log them by going to caches and "dropping" or "visiting" them to the caches.

Or do you mean you cannot find how to go to the trackable's page and edit it? Is this what you mean by "where you set up the bug"?

More detailed description of the problem, please. :)

Yeah, I agree... 

2 ol coots, by your profile, you don't seem to have any trackables currently held in your possession.  Maybe you can glean some info you're looking for in the Help Center.

On 1/1/2018 at 3:00 PM, 2 ol coots said:

That's exactly what happens when you activate a travel bug - the page takes you to a setup page where you set the mission, release date, upload photos, etc.  Once it's set up (and these details can be edited at any time so it's not critical that you get it exactly right, just get something there for now, and you can edit it later) then you can look at your inventory, see the trackable, and add logs, or visit it to caches you've been to, etc.