Bug: Message center indicator shows dot - non-existant message from another player, dot won't go away.

SoHotImCool

I'd say the title's pretty self-explanatory.  Basically, yesterday, I messaged another cacher.  When I came back later, I had the yellow dot on the message center icon indicating a new message. I checked the center, and the dot was on the cacher whom I'd earlier messaged.  But - there's no reply there, at all, and the dot will not go away. I've logged in, logged out, cleared my cache, cleared my browsing history and logged in again, and it's still there.  I've also checked my souvenirs and it's nothing to do with that either.

Please help me regain my sanity and get rid of this dot! Thanks!

My  experience with Message Center errors suggests that someone sent you a message with some badly formed html  (usually from copying a link, either adding the following punctuation to it, or not quite getting all of the URL) . Message center will choke over that. It will eventually just clear itself. <---

If you're set up to receive messages as email , which is on your profile edit, email preferences, at the bottom,  you can generally see the message in the email. You may not be able to see or respond to it through the message center, or clear it, if it's hanging up.  But you'll see who it's from and be able to get to their profile and email back. 

If it doesn't clear in a couple of weeks, you'll need to contact staff to fix it. Do that through the Help Center contact, at the bottom of this page.I'd call this 01. My Account.

Edited by Isonzo Karst