GME+Firefox - Google Maps not working

simplysup

Hi all,

I've recently installed Firefox - latest version, 57.0.3 - to see how it performs against Chrome. I've installed GreaseMonkey and GME, and it works fine, except that it won't display either the Google Map, or Google Satellite Map, on either the small listing pages map or the main geocaching map. Other maps - Bing, OSM, OS - work fine. Google Maps display correctly when I use Chrome. The issue is not machine-specific, I have the same issue on both a Windows 10 (Fall Creators Update) machine and a Windows 7 machine. If I change the geocaching maps to Google from Leaflet, the Google map displays OK, so it would not appear to be a Firefox issue, but a Firefox+GME issue.

Has anyone else encountered this, and is there something I can do to fix it?

Cheers,

Nigel

You had me worried there for a moment, as I allowed the update of firefox just a couple of minutes ago , but checking a few random cache pages has my setup showing everything GME is OK. I'm using Windows7 (on an 8 year old  laptop ) Firefox  57.0.3 , GreaseMonkey with GME and the really handy GC Street View both running fine.

I have found problems recently with NoScript, which seems to have become unreasonably paranoid and I've been constantly having to 'allow' by hand to get pages loaded which were previously no problem, I recall it blocked google maps at some point. I've found  the GS mapping very slow to load recently, and as I believe GME does not work on all the servers, it takes a few refreshes of the map to see that vital third title in the side panel. I'm a blundering user with limited technical knowledge, so I don't  know if any of this helps or suggests a cure.I'll upload some screenshots for evidence that it really is working for me !

satview.jpg

cachepage.JPG

gxstreetview.jpg

2 hours ago, hal-an-tow said:

I have found problems recently with NoScript,

Ahh, that triggered a dormant memory of having had the same Google Maps problem with Chrome some time back; the cause in my case is Privacy Badger. Telling the Badger to keep out of the way on the geocaching pages makes Google Maps re-appear.

Thanks!

Edited by simplysup