Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
tomfol

Mr

8 posts in this topic

Windows 10. Kan inte föra över en cach från PC;n till GPS;en, varken med Mozilla, Explorer eller Chrome. Har det hänt något på nätet jag missat?

0

Share this post


Link to post

Here's Google's translation to English.  This may help bring more answers.

IMG_20171231_031659.jpg

0

Share this post


Link to post

The only browser that can use the send to GPS function is IE10 or IE11.

Provided that the GPS manufacturer has provided a send to GPS plug in that you can install into IE10 or IE11. Internet explorer 11 IE11 can be installed into Windows 10. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Mn-treker said:

The only browser that can use the send to GPS function is IE10 or IE11. [...]

That's wrong and won't turn to be right - even with endlich repetition.
See this:

 

0

Share this post


Link to post

Well you must not have updated your firefox. The latest firefox will not support plug ins. I had the plug in in my firefox. Then when it updated it got removed. Firefox also would not let me reinstall it. It said that plug ins are no longer supported. So no I am not wrong.

0

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, Mn-treker said:

Well you must not have updated your firefox. The latest firefox will not support plug ins. I had the plug in in my firefox. Then when it updated it got removed. Firefox also would not let me reinstall it. It said that plug ins are no longer supported. So no I am not wrong.

Please follow the links to Mozilla (or read my quoted post more carefully) and read about which ESR version equals the current standard version. Having that said, your post was wrong and misleading.

Hans

My Firefox is up to date. ;-)
release-overview-high-res.59a6d563be98.p

Edited by HHL
0

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry that still is not fully correct. That is for the Firefox extended release version. Which also stated that some problems will be encountered with that version.

Which will also  end support of plug ins in early 2018, that is what the website said. I do not know were your info comes from.

I just opened my Firefox and it updated again. Still says plug in is not supported. So as I said before IE 11 will support the send to GPS plug in.

This is what comes from the Web page regarding this issue.

Also a screen shot of my Firefox stating the fact that the plug in is not supported.

Why do Java, Silverlight, Adobe Acrobat and other plugins no longer work?

Beginning in Firefox version 52 released March 7, 2017, installed NPAPI plugins are no longer supported in Firefox, except for Adobe Flash. Some of the plugins that will no longer load in Firefox, even though they may be installed on your computer, include Java, Microsoft Silverlight and Adobe Acrobat. See this compatibility document for details.

Over the past few years, Firefox has implemented various Web APIs so that websites can do the same things they’ve always done without plugins, so you will most likely not notice any change to your browsing experience.

Why did Firefox do this?

The internet is full of websites that go beyond static pages, such as video, sound and games. NPAPI plugins, especially Flash, have helped enable these interactive pages. But they also make your browsing slower, less secure and more likely to crash.

Over the past few years, Firefox has worked hard to build replacements for these plugins. Together, they are called Web APIs. They are designed to replace the function of these plugins without undermining your internet security, stability and performance.

Before, these Web APIs weren’t quite ready, so Firefox started the transition by making plugins load manually (click to activate).

Today, they’re ready. Many sites have adopted them, and almost all your favourite pages can be enjoyed without using old and insecure plugins. Firefox joins other modern browsers like Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge to remove support for these NPAPI plugins.

I’m having problems

In case you’re not yet ready for this transition to happen, the ESR (Extended Support Release) of Firefox 52 will continue to support these plugins until early 2018. Click here to download Firefox ESR.

Important: The Windows 64-bit version of Firefox 52 ESR only supports the Adobe Flash and Microsoft Silverlight plugins. If you also need support for Java or other installed plugins, choose the Windows (32-bit) download.

By default, Firefox 52 ESR will use the same user profile data as other versions of Firefox. Installing Firefox 52 ESR after using Firefox version 55 or above can cause problems such as loss of browsing history, error messages, breakage in portions of Firefox and issues with some websites. You should either create a new profile to use with Firefox 52 ESR or else refresh Firefox after installing Firefox 52 ESR.

 

firefox plugins.png

0

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Mn-treker said:

Sorry that still is not fully correct. That is for the Firefox extended release version. Which also stated that some problems will be encountered with that version.

Which will also  end support of plug ins in early 2018, that is what the website said. I do not know were your info comes from.

I just opened my Firefox and it updated again. Still says plug in is not supported. So as I said before IE 11 will support the send to GPS plug in.

This is what comes from the Web page regarding this issue.

Also a screen shot of my Firefox stating the fact that the plug in is not supported.

Why do Java, Silverlight, Adobe Acrobat and other plugins no longer work?

Beginning in Firefox version 52 released March 7, 2017, installed NPAPI plugins are no longer supported in Firefox, except for Adobe Flash. Some of the plugins that will no longer load in Firefox, even though they may be installed on your computer, include Java, Microsoft Silverlight and Adobe Acrobat. See this compatibility document for details.

Over the past few years, Firefox has implemented various Web APIs so that websites can do the same things they’ve always done without plugins, so you will most likely not notice any change to your browsing experience.

Why did Firefox do this?

The internet is full of websites that go beyond static pages, such as video, sound and games. NPAPI plugins, especially Flash, have helped enable these interactive pages. But they also make your browsing slower, less secure and more likely to crash.

Over the past few years, Firefox has worked hard to build replacements for these plugins. Together, they are called Web APIs. They are designed to replace the function of these plugins without undermining your internet security, stability and performance.

Before, these Web APIs weren’t quite ready, so Firefox started the transition by making plugins load manually (click to activate).

Today, they’re ready. Many sites have adopted them, and almost all your favourite pages can be enjoyed without using old and insecure plugins. Firefox joins other modern browsers like Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge to remove support for these NPAPI plugins.

I’m having problems

In case you’re not yet ready for this transition to happen, the ESR (Extended Support Release) of Firefox 52 will continue to support these plugins until early 2018. Click here to download Firefox ESR.

Important: The Windows 64-bit version of Firefox 52 ESR only supports the Adobe Flash and Microsoft Silverlight plugins. If you also need support for Java or other installed plugins, choose the Windows (32-bit) download.

By default, Firefox 52 ESR will use the same user profile data as other versions of Firefox. Installing Firefox 52 ESR after using Firefox version 55 or above can cause problems such as loss of browsing history, error messages, breakage in portions of Firefox and issues with some websites. You should either create a new profile to use with Firefox 52 ESR or else refresh Firefox after installing Firefox 52 ESR.

 

That's good info!  Of particular note is "the ESR (Extended Support Release) of Firefox 52 will continue to support these plugins until early 2018".  Although there are hacks and tweaks that may allow Communicator to run today, be prepared for plenty of ongoing technical work as the situation changes.  Or click the "GPX File" button and save the file onto your GPS without any plugin at all.  One or the other. B)

 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1