[Bug] Profile

EveRan2013

Hi,

On my page of geocaching.com I have made a profile with a lot of banners, I just wanted to add one banner but when I check the list this is empty.

The strange thing is that I can see this on my profile, but when I edit they're gone.

I think this is a bug, how can this be solved?

Can I enter the new banner or will all the others be gone than?

Randy

Wow, that's way too busy for me.     :D    Not sure if there's a limit, maybe there is now. 

IIRC there was a User Insights questionnaire on banners, but never heard what was decided (or if it's part of the "new" profile/dashboard thing and I missed it).  Remembered they were "thinking about" putting all those banner things in its own section in the dashboard (personal stats).    :)

On 12/29/2017 at 11:56 AM, EveRan2013 said:

Hi,

On my page of geocaching.com I have made a profile with a lot of banners, I just wanted to add one banner but when I check the list this is empty.

The strange thing is that I can see this on my profile, but when I edit they're gone.

I think this is a bug, how can this be solved?

Can I enter the new banner or will all the others be gone than?

Randy

Hi @EveRan2013 - I am sorry that you are having an issue with your profile page. Is the issue that you are unable to change the "About" section of your profile? I see that your profile has a lot of custom HTML for the banners - are you adding an additional piece of HTML for the new banner alongside the existing HTML?

Can you take a screenshot of what you are seeing "when I edit they're gone"?

Thanks! 

On 2.1.2018 at 5:42 PM, HiddenGnome said:

Hi @EveRan2013 - I am sorry that you are having an issue with your profile page. Is the issue that you are unable to change the "About" section of your profile? I see that your profile has a lot of custom HTML for the banners - are you adding an additional piece of HTML for the new banner alongside the existing HTML?

Can you take a screenshot of what you are seeing "when I edit they're gone"?

Thanks! 

Maybe you a able to support me, too.

It seems that the same problem exists in my profile:

Today, 03.01.2018, 22:00 h, I was going to add a new banner, but the about-section was empty. There was only a text who wants me to tell the community about me. At this point I stopped my activities adding the new banner. I haven't saved anything, because the about-section was empty.

At this time the pictures of my banners could be seen in the profile (not the HTML).

Meanwhile the pictures were not shown any longer.

How can I recover my banner-collection?

cu,

Uwe

Edited by Team ufrie
correction of text

Hi! 

I had the same problem, but managed to solve it somehow. I had the new profile page, wanted to add another banner, but upon clicking the edit icon, the 'About' section was empty. Then I switched to the old profile page, did the same, and the About was still empty. Then I switched back again to the new profile, clicked the edit and the html's are miracoulously there in the About section. 

Let's hope this is a solution for you too.

ktikat