Geocaching with a smart watch

WarNinjas

20 minutes ago, WarNinjas said:

I just got a Samsung Gear S3.  Seems like I should be able to cache with it but can't find any apps at all for it.  I see there was some for it a few years back.  Just wondering if anyone has figured anything out?

Here's a discussion about developing Geocaching Apps for it. The Samsung Gear S3 has no magnetic compass which I'd especially like to have on a watch style gadget for Geocaching.

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, WarNinjas said:

Thanks for the link.  I don't need the arrow if it could count down in feet or meters I would be fine with it.  Most of the time that doesn't work right on my phone anyways.  I'm just shocked there was some stuff out years ago and now nothing.

Yeah, I remember when support for apple watch (folks picked up 3) ended here when the apps were being "redone" , and a couple folks got upset. 

Once the apps are perfect (aren't they now?) I'd bet they eventually get back to it.  I'd ask about it in the Android forums though.  :)

• Upvote 1