eTrex Touch resolution

Zoltank

I currently have a eTrex HCx and I'm looking to replace with something that supports Birdseye imaging. I'm currently looking at the eTrex 20x and the eTrex Touch 25. I really like the idea of a touch screen, but the Touch has half the resolution of the 20x, and I'm afraid with Birdseye images it would be really limiting. 

I was hoping someone might have some input on this.

16 hours ago, Red90 said:

Get an Oregon if Birdseye if important.  The little etrex screens and their slow processors will not make you happy.

I started with an eTrex 30 and loved it. Later when I added BirdsEye, trail map overlays and tracks, the slower processor got overwhelmed and would take up to 20 seconds to redraw the map when I would pan the map a full 'page' or more or zoom in/out. I prefer the 'track up' display. Even turning 90 degrees would trigger a long redraw. It didn't get really slow until I loaded it up with all those overlays. 

I have a 64st now and the screen redraws are almost instant. The higher models have much faster processors. If you're going to invest in BirdsEye, invest in a higher powered unit to take full advantage of that.