Follo my own TB

TheBoumas

I have only 1 tb in the field. I assume (don’t remember), getting action logs like retrieving by email. How do I also retrieve other logs like visit? 

Somebody send me a screenshot, probably from a phone where I saw a watch function, however I don’t see that.... not on the pc, not on the phone. Is there maybe a difference between android or iPhone?

thanx in advance 

99103C0C-F142-4893-BFE2-04E9F1EAB19D.png

33 minutes ago, TheBoumas said:

Somebody send me a screenshot, probably from a phone where I saw a watch function, however I don’t see that.... not on the pc, not on the phone.

Being the trackable owner you will get notifications for any Drop and Retrieve logs... but not simple Visits. You may place in Watchlist, trackables (and caches) from other owners.

Edited by RuideAlmeida
34 minutes ago, TheBoumas said:

Do I understand it right that it isn’t possible to get those visit notifications from your own tb?

in that case it should be improved....i’ll Write them....thanx a lot!!!

You have one trackable. We know of many with dozens out, and a couple with a hundred or better.

Just one person "visiting" numerous caches ( (if you believe that person's really lugging trackables with them...) could create quite a few emails in one day.  Times that by dozens, and "visit" logs on notifications would most likely become annoying quick. 

Sure, most TOs like to know when their trackable gets dropped and retrieved into/out of caches.   :)

- I don't believe that most TOs would like to be notified,  with every visit,   of just another cachers  day .

2 hours ago, TheBoumas said:

Do I understand it right that it isn’t possible to get those visit notifications from your own tb?

in that case it should be improved....i’ll Write them....thanx a lot!!!

Anytime you want to, you can go to the TB Web page and see all the visits.  When you start getting 14 pages of visits from one cacher in one day, you'll be glad you're not getting an email on each one. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Harry Dolphin said:

If I remember correctly, when trackable visits were first permitted there were thousands of e-mails for the visits.  GS stopped that very quickly.

Yep, in 2010, when it was found that one person logged 189 trackables in 226 caches consecutively, generating 42,000 email notifications.    Yikes !

- One of those "careful what you wish for" things.     :laughing:

Edited by cerberus1

Yea I definitely don't want  to be notified of visits. Some cachers could keep your TB for months and visit 20 caches a day.  I don't need to know that. 

I do however see that some might, so I don't see why it couldn't be a option.  I just wish all of  our TB didn't go missing. Have a bunch out but rare to hear anything.

I've picked up a few trackables that wanted their photos taken in specific situations or places ... and I did my best to visit them to approriate caches and take pictures along the way.  Yes, I do carry a gallon ziploc bag with assorted trackables in my "geo backpack" so I can take photos on location; and when I log a visit by a trackable it HAS been to the visited cache!!

The owners though, don't see the visits until I drop the trackable in another cache - they get notification of the drop and then they can see the photos I've taken, or the visits I've made prior to dropping the bug.  It's nice to get the messages from happy owners who like the pictures I took and who thank me for taking care of their travel bug.

I've only released a couple of travel bugs, and I look forward to seeing where they go and where they end up.  The challenge where I live is finding containers large enough and appropriately placed to where I feel confident the travel bug will get picked up and moved on by a conscientious cacher in a timely manner.  There tends to be a lot of pill bottles, LPC's and guardrails nearby; guess we'll have to go find some hiking trails!!!

12 hours ago, WarNinjas said:

I just looked at your TB!  That is a cool cacher who picked it up.  Most are not like that.  Otherwise we might all want the notification!

I took a peek as well, and that's someone who is following the mission and doing an awesome job of it!!  

On 12/27/2017 at 1:33 PM, CAVinoGal said:
On 12/27/2017 at 0:53 AM, WarNinjas said:

I just looked at your TB!  That is a cool cacher who picked it up.  Most are not like that.  Otherwise we might all want the notification!

I took a peek as well, and that's someone who is following the mission and doing an awesome job of it!!  

Perhaps, but at some point they should leave it a cache where someone else can pick it up to continue it's mission.  

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, NYPaddleCacher said:

Perhaps, but at some point they should leave it a cache where someone else can pick it up to continue it's mission.  

I agree, but this one (and a couple others held) is just around a month.  As nice as this is (and leaving pics too !), some don't seem to get that that item actually belongs to another, and sooner-or-later you gotta let it go. 

We often see newer folks hesitant about releasing other people's property  trackables, as if they are doing the TO a favor by holding onto it for months until they find what they consider a "proper" cache for it.   IIRC, that's how one of the worst hoarders the hobby's had got started.  Just had to find the right place for this one while still retrieving others, and the cycle gets outta hand...

6 hours ago, NYPaddleCacher said:

I completely agree.

3 hours ago, cerberus1 said:

We often see newer folks hesitant about releasing other people's property  trackables, as if they are doing the TO a favor by holding onto it for months until they find what they consider a "proper" cache for it.  

I guess I'm a "newer" folk; I do keep trackables, take photos, visit to select caches (definitely not every cache I find!!), and wait to drop it till I find a "proper" cache.  To me, that means one that's large enough, fairly clean without a lot of moisture and mold, and one that sees enough traffic that I feel confident the trackable will get retrieved in a timely manner, and in a location not likely to get muggled.  Sometimes that means I DO hold onto travel bugs for a month or 2, because I'd rather have them traveling with me than sitting in a cache going nowhere or waiting to get muggled.

I don't hoard them, though - I've only had a half dozen or so in my inventory at any one time, and I do try to keep them moving.  

• Upvote 1