How to copy logs from another user?

_Schrat_

Hello almighty community...

I‘ve been doing geocaching for a couple of years, but without logging on my own. My girlfriend logged the Caches, but now I‘ve got an own account.

since we did all our caches together, I‘ve asked myself whether I can sinply copy all our logs to my account as well. How can this be done?

many thanks for any information and happy holidays to you...

_Schrat_

35 minutes ago, _Schrat_ said:

since we did all our caches together, I‘ve asked myself whether I can sinply copy all our logs to my account as well. How can this be done?

I'm sure this is possible with GSAK (Windows). Depending on the amount of logs it might be time consuming.

I would start with importing your girlfriend's MyFinds Pocket Query, select them all and "add to publish logs". You could make a Template like "Found together wit GF but have own account now so adding to my own found list" as log text for all. Then check if the dates are correct and "publish all".

Edit: It's even easier. There's a macro that does all the work for you : NewLogsFromOldAccount.gsk

Edited by on4bam
  • Upvote 1

I don't mean to talk you out of it, but if I were you, I'd just continue to think of the previous caches as just my girlfriend's finds that I helped with, not as finds of my own. To me, the account is what defines my geocaching identity, so I'd treat the new account as strictly for new finds and not worry about the old finds not being associated with this new identity.

• Upvote 1

Did you sign you own username in the logs?, if not when you log them you should include

Originally found under User name ****** with my girlfriend, I now have my own account.  or something like that.

As an owner of over 500 caches hidden, I get suspicious when large amounts of back logging occurs with out explanation.

Good luck

• Upvote 1