need help with mystery cache

2lablovers

If you tried to test the "solution checker", it changed the displayed coordinates permanently to final location. In that case the posted coordinate is shown underlined. You have to remove the "solution checker" from the cache page to be able to restore the original posted coordinates by pressing the pen symbol which will be visible only after that.

Looking at your cache with my admin account, I see one set of coords at the top of the listing, and this same set of coords is preloaded into the checker, (as it is always.) And a different set of coords, about 380ft away as Final, hidden but with the usual "cache is not here, but a good place to park" language.  I believe the coords are reversed from what is correct, as your Q&A = your listing coords. 

You can fix this from edit. First, update the listing coords to what's now your final.  Then update your final to what's now your listing coords.  The checker will automajically update itself. 

This reversal has nothing to do with the checker or using it. You entered them backwards initially.  I see this from time to time, the set up on the Mystery page of the cache report confuses people, and they enter their bogus coords first, though it asks for the Final first (and then won't let you hide it until you add another stage, but doesn't explain that). That page of the cache report needs help with its language to make this  clearer. 

Edited by palmetto
  • Upvote 1