Creative hides?

scottoshearer

22 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

But if you're going by all examples of other's creativity, I'd be curious whether it'd really be creative, or now just a copy.

Yeah, there are a lot of "standard hides" that were once unique, creative hides. Then they were copied and copied and copied. Any hide type that is now so common that it has a name (e.g., LPC, FPC, hanger, UPS) fits this category.

38 minutes ago, scottoshearer said:

Does anyone know any creative hides I can make?

thanks scottoshearer

That's a pretty open-ended question that's tough to answer. It's like asking "what food can I make" without knowing what ingredients you have, how much time you're willing to spend on making it, what your skill level is, who would be eating it...

The CCC thread is a good place to see examples of "creative" caches, but keep in mind that it's 13 years old and some of the older examples may have become so common that they're no longer considered creative (or they may be a style that wouldn't be allowed under the current guidelines).

3 hours ago, The A-Team said:

The CCC thread is a good place to see examples of "creative" caches, but keep in mind that it's 13 years old and some of the older examples may have become so common that they're no longer considered creative (or they may be a style that wouldn't be allowed under the current guidelines).

I agree, though IIRC, a few were against guidelines when they were presented (screws in trees was present in a couple).  :)

On 12/22/2017 at 0:35 PM, scottoshearer said:

Does anyone know any creative hides I can make?

Find 100 or so in your local area - then go find 100 or so a ways away, and then do something different!  Take the caches you enjoy finding, or discovering, and craft them into something uniquely yours.  "Creative" can mean multiple things.

"Creative" can be a 'hidden in plain sight' kind of hide, or a clever puzzle cache that takes a bit of skill or ingenuity to solve.  It can involve very clever camo, or a trick to retrieving the cache.  The landscape where you live (urban, country, rugged terrain) can determine the types of hides as well.  The more caches you find, and the greater the variety of caches you find will give you ideas for your own hides.  

As The A-Team said, it's a pretty open ended question ....

Edited by CAVinoGal
  • Upvote 1