Posted Calendar glitch?

jiggs11

Working on completing my Visited/Posted date calendars. I've noticed there are a few days that, when a new WM is posted, the calendar doesn't update. I have completed almost 350 dates for both Posted and Visited, and would hate to miss a date because of this... (specifically today 22 Dec, as I have had several new WM approved for today and yet still showing a "0"). Who looks after this? 

• Upvote 1

Your statistics page shows the same number as your profile page, so it looks like they are up to date. You have to know that the calendar always uses the same time zone. It does not matter what date you have when you post or visit a waymark. It is the date in Seattle (Groundspeak HQ) at this time that counts.

As fi67 states, the date (and time) that you went on line and visited/posted your waymark is the date that matters for the calendar.  Even with this knowledge, one has to be very careful.  I had a streak of over 100 days that got broken in the middle because I got lazy about the time zones.

Edited by elyob

Thanks for the responses. I get that there's a time lag, but in my experience there are certain days where I can post a WM at 2100 EST and it will show as the next day. I posted WMs at 2300 EST, 0200 EST and 0340 EST last night and this morning. All posted to the 21st. I think there may be a glitch. Would hate to lose the date because of it. I will submit a few more...

Years ago I did an experiment and discovered that the time was based in Seattle but the calendar was based in Greenwich (or maybe the reverse).  In any case, it took me much longer than expected to fill the Waymarking calendar.  In the end, I was on Waymarking.com each morning and each evening.

I suspect that you are past the lag time.  Sadly, you may be waiting a year.

Edited by elyob

That is odd, as I posted on the eve of the 20th thinking it was the 21st ( don't ask - this time of year I get messed up easily). They all posted to the 21st. Sooo, I purposely started early yesterday in order to not miss that shift... and they still posted to the 21st. After the date had changed in both Greenwich (fully aware of Zulu time) and in Seattle, the WM should have posted to the correct day - they didn't. However, based on your theory, I'll try to post a few more before the turn of the Greenwich day.

Thanks again for your help, guys.