[Feature request] Update Instant Notifications usability

TheVoytekBear

I like to at least try to get an FTF in places which I visit for a few days or more. Of course the easiest way to do it is to set up the instant notifications. Unfortunatelly each new place means adding each type separately (considering the virtual awards are still in the process of appearing that means 8 regular types + Mega + Giga) with the need to type in the coordinates as they are filled in using 4 text boxes and 2 drop downs. A side effect of the "one type per notification" rule is that different locations get mixed up on the list when you add a notification for a new cache type. It almost looks like this is an intended lack of usability in orded to minimize the use of this feature (although it is one of the advertised advantages of the premium account).

I think the following would be a great mprovement for people who want to sset up, enable and disable notofications for different areas:

1. Allow to set up a notification for multiple types at once (just like the types of events that are now available in the notification).

2. Use single field for providing the coordinates (just like the updating coordinates on the cache page works).

3. That's all! I think the 2 points mentioned abeve would be more than enough.

I really hope this change is considered as it doesn't look like much work compared to the usability it would give.

• Upvote 3

The interface on the existing system leaves much to be desired.  It's slightly more user friendly as adding geocaches to my old Garmin GPS 12 used to be, and dates to about the same era -- I'm guessing notifications hasn't been changed much, if at all, since it was added as a feature.

tl;dr: I'd like to see improvements as well, please.

I don't think it's too hard to use.  It's the only reason we're still PM  (hopefully the rest sorta helps long-time basic members using the site).

- But the idea of having checkboxes for cache types like on advanced search, or maybe even similar to the maps,  sounds good.   :)