Log book

TheCarelessCatcher

I buy my logbooks at Staples. A 5 pack of spiral bound notepads cost about $4.  For smaller caches I cut them into smaller sections and can get 2 or 3 out of a single noetpad. I make my own labels and attach them with clear packing tape. (See below).  Use spiral bound logbooks, the glue bound ones fall apart quickly.    If you want a log sheet for micros and nanos, just google  geocaching log PDF  and you will find an assortment. Or make your own using Word or a similar app.

5a43c073b8e4f_geolog.jpg.630477005459776eecff3970edf1f32c.jpg

Edited by briansnat
  • Upvote 5
On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 2:55 PM, TheCarelessCatcher said:

Hi just wondering apart from the Geocache website where would I go for a Geocache log? As I'm thinking of making my first cache

There's a selection in the Geocaching Shop. The water resistant books may hold together well even if they get wet.  Official-looking, kind of expensive to replace frequently.    The professional books tend to not fit inside small lock-n-locks, so I sometimes make my own log book from scratch.  As mentioned, you might find generic notebooks which you then cut to size and add a printed title label. 

Depending on the container size and how frequently it's found, and depending how wordy people are (with artwork?), your cache might do fine with a few printed sheets of paper, rather than a book.

1 hour ago, kunarion said:

Depending on the container size and how frequently it's found, and depending how wordy people are (with artwork?), your cache might do fine with a few printed sheets of paper, rather than a book.

It drives me nuts when the log is just loose pieces of paper--at the very least, staple them together.

• Upvote 3