New App for iphone and andriod very disappointing

LJL7

I rarely actually go to the website for geocaching, I always use my app on my phone. I am very disappointed with the new app. It is not user friendly. I cache a lot with my students, children, friends, and their children and I found the old app to be much easier to navigate on. In the old app when you got a new souvenir for finding something in a new state or going to an event you used to be able to view it on your app. Now you can only view it on the site. That was part of the draw for kids was seeing the badge they got from the new state and seeing what design was on it and was part of the lesson I would teach not only for mapping but geography as most states had something historically significant related to the state on the badge. I do not understand why they took this feature away on the app. You would think now that it is no longer free and now has a yearly fee that they would have improved its features but we find it to be the exact opposite. They only thing that is easier is actually locating a cache. It lets you know when you are close and that was a nice added feature, especially for children. Made it much easier for them to navigate to the cache. the new app leaves much to desire and I wish you would go back to the old app. Or at least add back some of the features such as being able to get a view souvenirs on your app. 

Sincerely, 

A sad but loyal cacher :(

1 hour ago, J Grouchy said:

I have no idea what you're talking about.  You can view souvenirs in the app (Menu-->View profile-->Souvenirs).  Not sure why that's even important, though.  How often do you actually look at your souvenirs?  

Agreed - I was very confused after reading the OP.  So much so, that I turned on my app to see if souvenirs had been removed.  Nope - right where they're supposed to be!  It was nice to review them just now.  I like using the app to view my souvenirs because they are listed in the order I earned them.  This makes it easier to look back on the past year, or to be reminded of adventures in prior years.  On the website, souvenirs are listed in alphabetical order.

On ‎20‎.‎12‎.‎2017 at 2:49 PM, LJL7 said:

In the old app when you got a new souvenir for finding something in a new state or going to an event you used to be able to view it on your app. 

I very much agree with LJL7. I also liked the option to open the souvenir in the app and see the full image as well as read background Information.

It would also be a nice option to take a screenshot of a new souvenir and post it on social media.

Is Groundspeak considering bringing back this nice feature?

Best,

Martin