Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
barnold

missing pictures in image gallery

I had seen another cache missing some photos from its gallery (I don't recall which, so I cannot provide a link).  They were more recent photos, so it could well be that they were uploaded from the app.  Certainly worth investigating.

The images are there, but there seems to be some kind of sorting issue. If you go to page 8 of the gallery, you can see images going back to 2014, but then there are a bunch of 2017 images. These also spill over to page 9. Clicking on them and looking at their descriptions, those 2017 ones all seem to have been uploaded from the app. Judging by the date of the oldest of those 2017 ones at the end, the issue seems to affect images uploaded since sometime in the northern hemisphere's spring.

I cannot check now, because site is down, but the explanation given by the a-team seems very likely. in my opinion this is a bug that has to be removed.

indeed the images from the app seem to be at the end of the gallery, but a few other recent images are also there and not, as one would expect, on the first pages of the gallery.

so it seems that not only the images published by the app are misplaced.

this also happened to a log picture I placed using the app. but, after I changed the picture details (omitting the cache code and the line referring to the app) through my desktop, it appears in the right order.

This sounds like the same issue I mentioned a while ago, although I did not deduce that the issue was related to how the photo was uploaded (app vs website).

THIS was the Website thread I started. Have heard nothing but crickets.   :mad: