How I check in on a Trackable owned by me on the phone app?

seven_neves

11 hours ago, seven_neves said:

Howdy,

With the exception of saving the TB number into my Trackable Search Bar I can't find a way to quickly see what my owned trackables are doing.

Am I missing something?

I don't think so.  I can see my current inventory, but not my owned trackables.  Same for my hides - I can see how many I have hidden but I can't go directly to the logs, I have to look them up or find them on the map like I would any other cache.  Of course, the star on the map makes it a bit easier to pick them out, and I can get to them.  Not so for owned trackables, at least that I have found.

This would be a nice feature to add to the app!

On 12/16/2017 at 1:08 PM, cerberus1 said:

I guess it's possible that the site didn't feel the app should replace it, but to work with it.  

I have found that it is much easier to log my trackable activity on the website as compared to the app.  I use the app when hunting caches in the field, but typically wait til I am home on the laptop and using the website to log my finds and trackables based on drafts I make at the time of the finds, and trackable drops and retrievals.  I also like to make selective trackable visits with notes and photos (where requested) and that is way easier for me to take my time and do it right on the website, at home, at my leisure.

In the same train, I really have no need for doing anything with my owned and released trackables in the field - I can see everything on the website when I need or want to see what's going on with them.  It would be nice if the app did have many of the features of the website, but maybe it wasn't meant, as cerberus1 said, to replace it, but to complement and work with it.  And it does that...

Edited by CAVinoGal
typo corrections
  • Upvote 1