Caches logged on Garmin64s not syncing to website

Collinbmc

26 minutes ago, Collinbmc said:

I'm new to geocaching in general and really new to my Garmin.

I log a cache on the Garmin and then sync it with Garmin Express. When I check my profile at geocaching.com, the cache still shows as unfound.

What am I doing wrong?

Garmin Express keeps your GPS firmware updated, and places lists of caches from Geocaching.com onto your GPS when you select “Send To Garmin”.

Uploading cache logs is done differently. There's a file on a Garmin GPS called “geocache_visits.txt”, in the /Garmin folder. Upload that file to the site, to send the logs (called “drafts” or “field notes”):

https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=138&pgid=548

Edited by kunarion
11 minutes ago, kunarion said:

Garmin Express keeps your GPS firmware updated, and places lists of caches from Geocaching.com onto your GPS when you select “Send To Garmin”.

Uploading cache logs is done differently. There's a file on a Garmin GPS called “geocache_visits.txt”, in the /Garmin folder. Upload that file, to send the logs (called “drafts” or “field notes”):

https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=138&pgid=548

Ahhh... thank you!!

15 minutes ago, Collinbmc said:

Ok, once I upload the file, do I still need to physically log each cache in to the website?

You can upload “geocache_visits.txt” directly to the Drafts page here, at which point, you'll have a list of Drafts (Found, DNF, etc.), and you can then edit each one, add photos if you like, and submit it.  I type a very abbreviated version of each log on my Garmin Oregon, and later edit each Draft online using those short notes.

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 2