Please help?

I've had issues with a cacher harassing me and I've had to file a no contact order.

He has deleted all of it logs from his caches I've found before this happened which is around 100 or so.

Contacting them says I need to prove each and every instance of log deletion. I don't know how to proceed to prove I've logged over a hundred of these

Please help :( I use geocaching to help combat my mental illnesses and this is tearing me apart

I'm still getting emails for deletions as I'm.typimg this 

2 hours ago, ladybadfingers said:

I tried messaging about the log deletions and it wanted 8 questions answered for every deletion and I'm currently sitting at nearly a hundred deleted.

When you go to the site linked to by cerberus1, select "16. Geocacher Disagreement" from the "What can we help you with?" drop-down, and then select "Log Deletion" from the drop-down below that. You can then describe what's happening in the text box farther down, and maybe include some examples of the harassment from the messages you've received and a few examples of caches where your logs have been deleted. HQ should then have enough info to look into the matter and deal with all of your deleted logs, without you having to jump through a bunch of hoops.

• Upvote 1
19 hours ago, ladybadfingers said:

I've had issues with a cacher harassing me and I've had to file a no contact order.

He has deleted all of it logs from his caches I've found before this happened which is around 100 or so.

Contacting them says I need to prove each and every instance of log deletion. I don't know how to proceed to prove I've logged over a hundred of these

Please help :( I use geocaching to help combat my mental illnesses and this is tearing me apart

I'm still getting emails for deletions as I'm.typimg this 

Well...I don't think anyone here can speak to the "harassment" aspect since it's a private matter that honestly should NOT be aired here in the forums.  If you feel that this person IS harassing you, the first and ONLY step you should take is talking to HQ directly and provide examples (with context) of what you deem to be inappropriate or inflammatory messages.  HQ could suspend a person's account for that sort of thing, which would clearly be a violation of the Terms of Use (Part 2-D-xix.).

https://www.geocaching.com/account/documents/termsofuse

...Restrictions. Permission to use our services is subject to the following restrictions. Whether these restrictions have been violated shall be determined in our sole discretion. You agree not to:

...Stalk, harass, or otherwise harm another user of our services, Groundspeak employee or third party.

Edited by J Grouchy
  • Upvote 1

I had that happened to me when a cacher logged a cache that not only was missing but the bus stop it was on was removed and I only disabled it to find another spot. She asked why I deleted her logged and I told her she couldn't log something that wasn't there. She got mad and started to log all of my caches even ones she couldn't possible have done in the same day from other states.  I kept writing her to stop but she wouldn't listen until I told her I was going to report her to HQ. She then stopped and I haven't heard from her since.

4 hours ago, jellis said:

I had that happened to me when a cacher logged a cache that not only was missing but the bus stop it was on was removed and I only disabled it to find another spot. She asked why I deleted her logged and I told her she couldn't log something that wasn't there. She got mad and started to log all of my caches even ones she couldn't possible have done in the same day from other states.  I kept writing her to stop but she wouldn't listen until I told her I was going to report her to HQ. She then stopped and I haven't heard from her since.

Man...people are weird. 

When I logged a NA on a cache the CO publicly stated they would not be maintaining, I was publicly ridiculed by the CO's HUSBAND then several of my find logs on some of HIS caches were deleted.  I reposted them and used the HQ threat and they both shut up pretty quickly.  Lots of people have hair-trigger reactions to really small or stupid things.

18 hours ago, J Grouchy said:

Man...people are weird. 

When I logged a NA on a cache the CO publicly stated they would not be maintaining, I was publicly ridiculed by the CO's HUSBAND then several of my find logs on some of HIS caches were deleted.  I reposted them and used the HQ threat and they both shut up pretty quickly.  Lots of people have hair-trigger reactions to really small or stupid things.

Like how in WA I had a bad reputation when I asked COs if they could check some of their caches  I got a response in a way that I was targeting one CO. I wasn't paying attention that the caches were all the same CO. He took it so personally that he archived all of his old caches. I sent him a message that I was sorry and that I didn't intend him to do that. But it was too late and many locals then took it out on me that all these old caches were archived.

Sorry this is happening to you.  There must be something going on if that CO has out over 100 hides, this sounds out of the normal thing to do.  I would contact GS and see what they can do.  Hopefully they can contact him/her to find out what is up. I am not sure if they do that or not but I would hope that is what they would do.

I see you often cache with someone else.  Are they deleting both of your finds or just yours. Maybe the CO thinks you didn't actually find them so is deleting them all.  Who knows. Hope you can get it solved.

21 hours ago, Manville Possum said:

I could not recommend geocaching to help combat mental health issues. It can be too stressful. B)

20 hours ago, Viajero Perdido said:

Or not.

I find it wonderful for my soul, and my mental- and physical health.

Your mileage may vary. B)

Geocaching should be pretty much a stress free hobby with few instances of angst. But just like with any hobby, game, or social activity, the more people involved, the more chances conflict will come about. A lot of this is trivial but if a person's skin isn't very thick, they'll let it drag em down. I would say that most people can go with the flow,, most of the time. Even for them, there will probably come a time when they find themselves upset because of someone else' perceived antics.

Edited by Mudfrog
8 minutes ago, Mudfrog said:

Geocaching should be pretty much a stress free hobby with few instances of angst.but just like any other hobby, game, or social activity, the more people involved, the more chances conflict will come about. A lot of this is trivial but if a person's skin isn't very thick, they'll let it drag em down. I would say that most people can go with the flow,, most of the time. But even for them, there will probably come a time when they find themselves upset because of someone else' perceived antics.

Darn. And I get stressed for just logging DNF. 

On 12/17/2017 at 0:43 AM, WarNinjas said:

Sorry this is happening to you.  There must be something going on if that CO has out over 100 hides, this sounds out of the normal thing to do.  I would contact GS and see what they can do.  Hopefully they can contact him/her to find out what is up. I am not sure if they do that or not but I would hope that is what they would do.

I see you often cache with someone else.  Are they deleting both of your finds or just yours. Maybe the CO thinks you didn't actually find them so is deleting them all.  Who knows. Hope you can get it solved.

Groundspeak contacted me and is reinstating my logs,which is a great Christmas gift, though it will take a little bit to get all the cache IDS. I do cache with my best friend, and he was there for nearly all my finds in and out of town. But just mine were deleted.

Many of his caches have been archived recentl, not sure why but it's a lot easier for me to cache without the hassle.