Release Notes (Geocaching® app) - December 11, 2017

With this release, you now have the ability to view another user’s profile in the app. Over the past year we’ve put an emphasis on the community of geocaching within our products and features such as the Friend League, updates to the Message Center, and the event calendar on your Dashboard. This mobile release continues that theme. 

Access to another player’s profile encourages more communication and understanding between players. Public profiles include the player username, avatar, member status, join date, find count, hide count, trackable log count, and the ability to send the user a message via the Message Center. 

• You can access another user’s profile from:
  • Cache details (geocache owner)
  • Geocache logs
  • Trackable details (released by)
  • Trackable logs
  • Message Center

This release also includes small bug fixes and visual tweaks to maintain consistency across iOS devices, Android devices and Geocaching.com.

Ben (Ben H) from HQ’s Product Team is watching the thread to answer questions whenever possible.

Any posts in this thread should relate to features in this release. Unrelated comments may be removed. Please direct unrelated comments to other appropriate threads. 

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, Twinklekitkat said:

If a user has over 9,999 finds it’s only displaying the first three digits and three dots and no capability to show the real total. 

Other than that, great addition. 

Edit:  just noticed it’s not all users over 9999. Some are displaying correctly. 

Thanks for the feedback. We are aware that some find counts are not displaying as intended when you've set the system font to a larger size. To help better understand the issue, could you share a little info? Specifically:

* What OS and device you're using. You can find all this info along with the app version at the very bottom of the Help & About section in the app (More-->Help & About).
* What text size you're using. On iOS, this is under Settings-->Display & Brightness-->Text Size. It varies per device on Android, but should be something like Settings-->Display-->Text Size.

Thanks!

On 12/12/2017 at 11:46 AM, Twinklekitkat said:

v 5.8, iOS 11.2, iPhone 7

My text size is set to 5 out of 7 (3rd slash from the right)

Display Zoom = Zoomed  

When I turned display zoom back to standard everything displays fine.

Thanks for this info. We're investigating further.

Funny. There are a lot of corrections, but on all our Apple devices (iPhone 5, iPhone 6, iPhone 7 and iPad 5) the size of an cache is reportet incorrect, but the graphic (the cirkle) is showing the right size. The 2 letters S and L are switched. The XS is displayed as XL and vice versa and the (S)mall is displayed as (L)arge ...

The error was corrected once.

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 11:22 AM, TeamDjango said:

Funny. There are a lot of corrections, but on all our Apple devices (iPhone 5, iPhone 6, iPhone 7 and iPad 5) the size of an cache is reportet incorrect, but the graphic (the cirkle) is showing the right size. The 2 letters S and L are switched. The XS is displayed as XL and vice versa and the (S)mall is displayed as (L)arge ...

A similar question was raised a few months ago by a Danish cacher. I see you're also from Denmark, so it seems like you've run into the same issue.

I assume that your phone's language is set to Danish, correct? The issue is that the size acronyms are being (partially) translated to Danish. When it says "XL", it actually means "Extra Lille".

On 12/17/2017 at 11:22 AM, TeamDjango said:

Thanks for reporting your problem. To help us understand better, can you upload a few screen grabs of what you're seeing?

I'm hoping that The A-Team's post above about Danish explains your problem, but I'd also like to make sure there's not a true bug.

Edited by Ben H

Thanks for response. It could be my fault IF translated into Danish. :unsure:
UK: L=Large, S=Small, XL=eXtra Large, XS=eXtra Small
DK: L=Lille (Small), S=Stor (Large), XL=eXtra Lille aso, quite the opposite
Maybe this is now translated into Danish, which it was not in earlier versions, if then = No fault

Example 1.png