taybee

Hi all
 how do you turn off the  Geocaching.com  Geochecker
 so it das Not UP the coordinates on the webpage but
 gives a Yes or No if the Coordinates are rigth or wrong
 Same Co have put in a lot of time in putting out Geoact and
 using the Geocaching.com Geochecker destroy the Geoart work

Edited by taybee

If someone has solved the puzzle, they need to be able to see where the cache IS so they can find it. So the icon moves to the solved coordinates.

But when the person has found the cache and logged a "found it", the icon will move back to the posted coordinates, so the Geo-art will show.

This makes sense and is how the system is written.

29 minutes ago, TriciaG said:

If someone has solved the puzzle, they need to be able to see where the cache IS so they can find it. So the icon moves to the solved coordinates.

But when the person has found the cache and logged a "found it", the icon will move back to the posted coordinates, so the Geo-art will show.

That makes sense if you care about geoart.   If you want to hide a cache in an area with geoart (and have found all the caches in the geoart), moving the icons back to the published coordinates makes it difficult to see where open areas are on the map.

On 8. 12. 2017 at 2:30 PM, TriciaG said:

Moving icon is nonsense. For solved finals is "Final waypoint".

3 hours ago, Arne1 said:

Moving icon is nonsense. For solved finals is "Final waypoint".

...which doesn't show on the map, to make it easy to plan a trip to find all those solved caches. An experienced cacher might be able to with other tools, but a lot of cachers have no clue about plotting final waypoints on a map elsewhere.

I don't used corrected coordinates on listings at all. I manage my additional waypoints and final and posteds in my mobile app. Much more control. Which is why many of us are hoping that soon an update will be pushed that doesn't automatically force-change the listing coordinates when a correct solution is entered.

• Upvote 1
On 10. 12. 2017 at 2:40 PM, TriciaG said:

...which doesn't show on the map, to make it easy to plan a trip to find all those solved caches. An experienced cacher might be able to with other tools, but a lot of cachers have no clue about plotting final waypoints on a map elsewhere.

I see all waypoints on map. I dont use GC.COm map, but use external geocaching database programm - GeoGet. I think, GSAK know the same...

And in mobile phone application is also all visible.

Edited by Arne1