What new feature is this?

JohnCNA

48 minutes ago, Rebore said:

Can't stop laughing beause of the message. It seems the inhouse checker has grown out of puberty and is now responding on behalf of the owner. :D

It looks to be an exact copy of the cache owner's disable log. Don't believe that an in house checker had anything to do with it.

10 minutes ago, Mudfrog said:

It looks to be an exact copy of the cache owner's disable log. Don't believe that an in house checker had anything to do with it.

You are right, it is indeed a copy of the disable log.  So I'll kick my humotous thought in the can and change it to "That's a nice feture." :)

2 hours ago, LivingInNarnia said:

Hello! In this release we also updated the cache state messaging which you notice in the blue box -  for example locked, disable, or archived caches. The old red text was hard to read and sometimes confusing - the updates bring it in line with how we are messaging on the website. Thanks for sharing your feedback!

No kidding. So that release wasn't confined to "Edit Cache Listing page" and the description wasn't complete? I hadn't noticed it. Looks nice, but I think the input from this thread is that the formatting needs to be improved so people understand what's being presented. In this case, perhaps better would be something more like `The cache was marked unavailable by VBTZ who explained the action with, "A private message..." '

2 hours ago, LivingInNarnia said:

Hello! In this release we also updated the cache state messaging which you notice in the blue box -  for example locked, disable, or archived caches. The old red text was hard to read and sometimes confusing - the updates bring it in line with how we are messaging on the website. Thanks for sharing your feedback!

And HQ has also blocked COs from adding images to archived cache pages, something that I have been doing for some time to prevent, among other things, having images I use on cache pages disappear if a hosting organization changes their rules. 

I know I have posted this twice in the new release thread but I still have not seen an official announcement on this to date.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, LivingInNarnia said:

You need to style the box in a more professional manner. There needs to be a distinction between the "The cache is temporarily unavailable" and the log message. All being the same font style, size, and weight is not doing this. 

• Upvote 3
4 hours ago, Michaelcycle said:

And HQ has also blocked COs from adding images to archived cache pages, something that I have been doing for some time to prevent, among other things, having images I use on cache pages disappear if a hosting organization changes their rules. 

I know I have posted this twice in the new release thread but I still have not seen an official announcement on this to date.

Same thing here, i have an old archived cache that i used to upload all my images. It's been awhile so didn't realize Groundspeak had taken that feature away. But i did try uploading via a log entry and found that you can still do it that way. Only thing is, you have to go find the log with the image you're looking for because it doesn't show where all my older images are on the left side of the cache page.