Sign in to follow this  
Followers 4
Doc_musketeers

How to deal with negligent CO

305 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, justintim1999 said:
9 hours ago, niraD said:

There are more choices than that. For example, Groundspeak could change the CHS system to better accommodate false positives.

That was one of the two options I gave,  tweak the system.     Unless you're talking about taking dnfs out of the equation all toghther  which I personally don't think they should do. 

I see them as separate changes. Tweaking the system is the ongoing updating of the formula that determines which caches get flagged and which don't. The change I linked to fixes the basic issue that the system does not accommodate false positives, and the team at Groundspeak that is tweaking the formula cannot learn from the false positives. If they fix that basic issue, then the tweaks (or the actual logs that violate some ideal of people are "supposed" to log) will cause fewer problems.

Took a screenshot of this "tip" under circumstances I'd rather not discuss, lol. But thought it was apropos to the debate of how GS views DNFs

IMG_0933.PNG

Here's another example of why even long strings of DNFs don't mean a cache needs maintenance. GCT2V1 a D3.5/T1.5 multi, 10 DNFs in a row including two from me but, admittedly with the aid of some help from a previous finder, I made another attempt this morning and found it, everything intact, right in the middle of where three Blind Freddies were searching much of yesterday afternoon. It's been right there all along, laughing at us, since its last find almost two years ago.

46 minutes ago, barefootjeff said:

Here's another example of why even long strings of DNFs don't mean a cache needs maintenance. GCT2V1 a D3.5/T1.5 multi, 10 DNFs in a row including two from me but, admittedly with the aid of some help from a previous finder, I made another attempt this morning and found it, everything intact, right in the middle of where three Blind Freddies were searching much of yesterday afternoon. It's been right there all along, laughing at us, since its last find almost two years ago.

Did the owner get an automated low CHS email?

9 minutes ago, L0ne.R said:

Did the owner get an automated low CHS email?

I don't know but next time I see him at an event I'll ask him. In all likelihood he might have had several. But if he didn't, why did my D2.5/T5 get one after just one DNF?