Appeal Time for Log Reinstatement?

colleda

Just wondering how long does it take for GC to respond to a log deletion appeal? I had a Found It log deleted by a CO a almost a week ago. I relogged it and it got deleted again. I then sent an appeal to GC to have the log reinstated. Haven't heard anything back yet.

In case you're wondering I believe the CO deleted my log, without notice, because I mentioned that the cache breached buried/digging hole guidelines.

6 hours ago, colleda said:

Just wondering how long does it take for GC to respond to a log deletion appeal?

It's well stated in the Help Center that HQ prefers people to try and work these things out on their own first, so reinstatement might not be at the top of the list of things to do compared to other issues that they must deal with.  arisoft's suggestion is what I'd follow.  Leave details about the hide out of the Log Entry and try relogging it.  Otherwise, waiting is about your only option.  Just to double check, but you should have received a auto response back when you submitted your request through the Help Center with a "ticket" number.  If you didn't, your request was not received.

8 hours ago, colleda said:

In case you're wondering I believe the CO deleted my log, without notice, because I mentioned that the cache breached buried/digging hole guidelines.

I would post a NA and alert the reviewer while I wait on GS to reinstate my log. B) Normally in my experience they take about 3 days. Do you have proof that you signed the log?

On 12/3/2017 at 11:28 PM, colleda said:

Do you have photos proving the cache is buried?  If you post NA or contact the reviewer directly, they will want photos, in my experience.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, NanCycle said:

Do you have photos proving the cache is buried?  If you post NA or contact the reviewer directly, they will want photos, in my experience.

^This

If you see a cache that violates a guideline, make sure you take enough photos to show the issue. Just this past weekend, I remembered to take a couple of photos of a cache I need to report.

On 04/12/2017 at 11:58 PM, Touchstone said:

It's well stated in the Help Center that HQ prefers people to try and work these things out on their own first, so reinstatement might not be at the top of the list of things to do compared to other issues that they must deal with.  arisoft's suggestion is what I'd follow.  Leave details about the hide out of the Log Entry and try relogging it.  Otherwise, waiting is about your only option.  Just to double check, but you should have received a auto response back when you submitted your request through the Help Center with a "ticket" number.  If you didn't, your request was not received.

I don't appear to have received any acknowledgement "ticket" from HQ which makes me think the request hasn't been received. I had a little trouble trying to find the correct FAQ in the help section but found one for "Appeals". Maybe there are different types of appeals? Could a link be provided please for future reference?

In the meantime I will re log without mentioning the guideline violation - there was no spoiler detail in my log. I'm pretty certain it will again be deleted but who knows?

I did take photos of the cache and of our name in the (wet) log book, but did not post any of them with the log, in case a reviewer wanted evidence if I posted a NA. I was waiting to see what the CO's reaction would be.

8 minutes ago, Touchstone said:

https://www.geocaching.com/help/

Click on the pulldown arrow to the right of "Can’t find what you need? Contact us.".  A form will appear to fill out about the problem.  In the pulldown menu for the reason you are contacting them, #16 Geocacher disagreement sounds like the best choice.

Doh!  Thanks Touchstone.

BTW. Further to my last post here. If my Found It log is not deleted it sure will be if I post NA.

Here is what I originally logged without the violation detail.

"Our last one for the day before heading home to beat the afternoon traffic and school pickup. Fantastic view from up here. There were a lot of builders in the new house across the road so we parked the geovan as a screen for GZ. Spotted the hide straightaway. Opened it up to find a container with water in it and a soggy logbook. No trackables. Well made cache but it looks likely water ingress is a continual problem. Thanks xxxxxxx"

13 minutes ago, colleda said:

If my Found It log is not deleted it sure will be if I post NA.

Your local Reviewer will get notified the minute you post the NA log.  Deleting the log entry has no impact on the response.  If the cache owner responds to your concern on the Listing page, the Reviewer will more than likely take that into account as well.