kunarion

I'd like to request a new Forum Title to display between my user name and avatar picture:  Roadside Attraction

It's tough to decide on a semi-permanent/permanent Forum Title, so it would be great if we could request a new one from time to time.

Here's how I guess it would work:

1) The Forum user would submit the Forum Title in his Profile:  https://www.geocaching.com/account/settings/profile

2) The Forum User then requests the change here, stating the selected new Forum Title.

3) An Admin or site programmer works some magic to "set" the Forum Title.

4) The Forum User logs out of the Forum, then back in, to complete the change.

If this goes well, I may start a "Location" request thread.  That might be slightly more complicated. :anicute:

If anyone has steps that work better, and after you've verified the new steps work, post them.

• Helpful 1
23 minutes ago, kunarion said:

That's where to discuss what went wrong:

This thread is for Avatar Forum Title Requests.

Dyslexic day for me?  

If the "forum title" part of our profile/dashboard  (that we could easily do ourselves before October)  could simply  just get fixed, there'd be no need to make a request to an admin/programmer every time you'd like a change.

• Upvote 2
30 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

Dyslexic day for me?  

If the "forum title" part of our profile/dashboard  (that we could easily do ourselves before October)  could simply  just get fixed, there'd be no need to make a request to an admin/programmer every time you'd like a change.

You're correct.  What I meant was that the thread "Avatar Forum Title Request" is most suited for Avatar Forum Title Requests.  This one.

On 12/13/2017 at 1:44 PM, niraD said:

Is there any hope of getting the forum title fixed? Either the forums could pick up the forum title field from the main geocaching.com profile, or the forum title field could be configured and used completely within the forums. Either way, it would be nice to get it back.

That would be good.  There once was a time when I could change it on a whim.  It's been over a month since my above request with no response at all from TPTB.  And my Forum Title is unchanged.

Next I'll suggest a Forum where Website Bug Reports and Feature Discussions will be addressed. :ph34r:

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, cerberus1 said:

Curious, has anyone from HQ even noticed this thread?  None have responded ...  since October last year.

If it's not important enough to be looked into, maybe it can be removed from our profile's edit page.  Thanks.

I figure GS isn't worried about these forums. They're too busy playing with things like the phone app, souvenirs, and planets. Yeah, i know that's what the new people want but still, it would be nice if the concerns and questions from us folks would be acknowledge every once and awhile.

• Upvote 1
On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 0:35 PM, cerberus1 said:

Curious, has anyone from HQ even noticed this thread?  None have responded ...  since October last year.

If it's not important enough to be looked into, maybe it can be removed from our profile's edit page.  Thanks.

HQ typically doesn't acknowledge or respond to bug or feature reports in the forums, because for some strange reason we have expectations that things would eventually get fixed.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
9 hours ago, kunarion said:

As a reminder, my active request is to have my Forum Title changed to the text "Roadside Attraction".

Happy Anniversary! :)

Haven't noticed folks asking here why that part of their profile doesn't work. 

The old figures of how many even enter the forums may be accurate kinda thing...

Might be why it hasn't been fixed.

2 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

The old figures of how many even enter the forums may be accurate kinda thing...

Might be why it hasn't been fixed.

Could be that 99.9% of the general Geocacher population doesn't read these. 

But if TPTB never read "Bug Reports and Feature Discussions", make a note of that. :bad:

1 minute ago, K13 said:

The ability to change my forum title would be most appreciated.

Maybe it will be re-tooled so that everything is in one place.  "Forum Title", "Location", "Profile Picture", "Signature" all in one form, and activated site-wide.  I'm glad to see that I can change my Profile Picture without logging out/in on the Forum, that's pretty cool!  :)

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, TmdAndGG said:

It appears that this poor thread has been forgotten about this year...:cry:

Yeah, I totally covided the memorial this year.  But next year, everyone will go on Facebook and Youtube, bunch of places, and celebrate.  it's gonna be YUGE!

Edited by kunarion
  • Funny 2