Horrible Reviewer Syndrome

Rebore

On 12/3/2017 at 4:22 AM, briansnat said:

Most "horrible reviewers" are simply reviewers whose decisons  you disagree with.

Yes, this.

And often it is down to communication between 2 people (the reviewer and the cacher).   Sometimes there can be a clash of style, or a misunderstanding, such that Cacher A finds Reviewer X to be "horrible".  Maybe Reviewer X could have handed a situation better, or maybe Cacher A could have handled it better.. or both....

Now, if a Reviewer "X" is routinely upsetting many of the local cachers, there could be something needing improvement in their communication skills... or reviewer isn't a good "job" for them.

Given that reviewers are human, and the number of them that exist, I would bet that there is at least one case where reviewer wasn't performing as expected... and perhaps was given some formal feedback about their need to improve.. or even was replaced.   Though I expect these cases are rare.

My personal experience is that I'd not had issues with any of my local reviewers.

5 hours ago, nextlogicalstep said:

I did once have a reviewer threaten me with a $10000 mischief fine for a cache on public property...

That definetly falls under "horrible" in my book. It's also quite disturbing that you were told you are responsible for all actions of other cachers in the area, even if they are not related to the search for your cache.

• Upvote 2
7 hours ago, redsox_mark said:
On 12/3/2017 at 4:22 AM, briansnat said:

Most "horrible reviewers" are simply reviewers whose decisons  you disagree with.

Yes, this.

This phenomenon isn't limited to interactions with reviewers - it is inherent and abundant throughout geocaching as a whole in my experience.

Thinking of old times, there was once a reviewer in Germany, whose style was very disputed in the community (or at least in the local forum called the "green hell"). You know, kinda like HHL but he was a reviewer. Is nobody reading this knowing who I mean that wants to share a story?

We're closing this thread.

2. Forum courtesy: Please treat Geocaching HQ, its employees, geocaching community volunteers, fellow community members, and guests in these forums with courtesy and respect. Whether a community member has one post or 5,000 posts, everyone should be treated respectfully.  

4. Personal attacks and inflammatory or antagonistic behavior will not be tolerated. If you want to post criticism, please do so constructively. Generalized, vicious, or veiled attacks on a person or idea will not be tolerated.

This thread was teetering on violating one or both of those forum guidelines with the original post. But most recent post by the OP cinches it.

• Upvote 4