Rogue Valley Event Cache

Lazyboy & Mitey Mite

The first one Mitey Mite and I threw was here at our home. We negotiated with everyone trying to find the perfect weekend, perfect time and to be honest we all know you can't please everyone.

During the summer months you can do a lot more like the BBQ, hide some special caches. I hid 4 caches on the 40 acres we live on. All seemed to enjoy it.

This time of the year I suggest picking out your favorite pizza joint. Just put the darn thing up at least a month in advance and you'll get people showing up. I dedicated a pizza bug called PIzza Eater that allows us to track where all the events have been. You can see the previous 6 events there. Rooster forgot to deposit it in the next event though.

It's fun to see how diverse everyone is yet how well we all get along. Even the quiet shy ones get involved before long. All ages shapes and sizes. Fun stuff.

Rumor has it that at this event Lazyboy may partake of a beer. Just a rumor though.

I hear voices.....and they don't like you!

Pardon the short timeline, but I will be in Medford tomorrow. What would you suggest for a good cache or two? Because time is limited, please suggest a 2/2 or less. Thanks.

Sorry I can't make it to the bash. I'll be lucky to make it to our local one.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there"

-George Harrison

The "good" ones in my book are those that require some hiking. But if you want a laugh try this one, it's very easy to quick to get.

Go Ahead, Knock On Their Door

Some quickies are

You're Being Watched

Smell The Flowers

Watch Your Step

Cross That Bridge

Any of these caches should be easy enough for a one day stop. But of course I suggest that first one as it's mine and intended to bring a smile to your face. Check out some logs.

Let me know if you need a hand mapping out a cache dash in our area. I'd be willing to let you know which caches take forever to find, which ones are interesting and which are very doable. Many of the ones that look difficult to get into aren't, and some that look easy take all day. When you are ready e-mail me and I'll give you my phone number.

Lazyboy,

If any of the cachers at your event are from the Hillsboro/Beaverton area give them the bug that wants to go to Florida and have them place it in one up here. I am going to Florida for a class at the end of April and love to take bugs there. Although both of the last two I took to Florida ended up MIA.

KTF !!! GBWY !!!

Thanks for the offer to take that bug to Fla. I doubt anyone from up north will attend the Pizza but if they do the bug is on it's way. I'm going to spend a couple of months on maui starting in May so just before I leave for there I'll make the same offer. Always fun to get a couple of thousand quick miles on a bug.

I checked the page and about 10 or so groups are attending. There are a couple of others that say they're going too. The more the merrier. Those that said they plan to attend are

Me

Boxerlovers

Rooster

Mailleman

BDC

Orygun & Tag Along

Fresh Meat

Seahorse, FrogFish, and Becky

Long Ranger & Tonto

Malbosia & Scooby

and Ping1Pong2002

I've had fun at every one of the pizza bashes and as long as I get my stuff done I'm there. O lets face It I haven't missed one yet. I hope some new faces are gonna show up because I know they will enjoy It also. We have all age groups there, from 7 months to well how old are you Lazy? See ya there.

Don't hunt what you can't kill!

We had a great time and I do understand about money. Good grief gas alone has gone up 50 cents a gallon in the past two months. That has put a binder on some of my out of town runs. I want a few caches along the route to make it worth my while now. No more 100 mile round trips for one cache.

Hopefully things will return to normal after they figure out they aren't selling much gas.

Hey Trafcon, if you are heading to Florida and are any where near you might try to rescue this guy and bring him back closer to home or somewhere he might get picked up a little easier. He has only had two moves and been stuck for a long time at both places.

I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back, please keep me here.