Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
tldepot

How do I activate an Archived cache

We archived a cache due to some construction at the trailhead.  I have tried to activate it but it does not seem to be working.  Do I have to wait for someone to approve it?

Thanks

Tom

Hi.

Archiving is meant to be permanent.  (Disabling is temporary.)

Send your reviewer an email and ask if they can unarchive it.  If another cache hasn't popped up in the same general area in the meantime, the answer is usually yes.  You can find a link to your reviewer at the bottom of the cache page.  Good luck.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Viajero Perdido said:

Archiving is meant to be permanent.  (Disabling is temporary.)

Send your reviewer an email and ask if they can unarchive it.  If another cache hasn't popped up in the same general area in the meantime, the answer is usually yes.  You can find a link to your reviewer at the bottom of the cache page.  Good luck.

+1

A mistake of archiving instead of Temp Disable.  We've seen that before.  Six months TD on a cache with 5 FPs (I feel) would have been fine (with Write Notes every once-in-a-while for how construction was coming).  Contact your Reviewer and explain you used the wrong log.   Oops.  

If me, I'd leave another Write Note that it might not be ready by Dec 1st after all, and you're working on correcting that.     :)

Edited by cerberus1

Yeah.

And reviewers are nice people.  They're amazingly tolerant of newbies still learning the ropes.  (Like, archive vs disable, who would know?)  So don't be afraid to ask.

• Upvote 1

How do I find my Reviewer? The cache is all ready to go, I guess that I was not paying attention when I put this cache on Ice.  Maybe I will have to re-create it.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Tom

On 11/30/2017 at 7:50 AM, Viajero Perdido said:

You can find a link to your reviewer at the bottom of the cache page.

Specifically...  Scroll down to the Publish Listing log, at or near the bottom.  That's the reviewer.  Click their name, Click Send email.

8 minutes ago, tldepot said:

How do I find my Reviewer? The cache is all ready to go, I guess that I was not paying attention when I put this cache on Ice.  Maybe I will have to re-create it.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Tom

Go to your listing. Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the logs. You will see the reviewer who published the cache. His name is Wiz Kid. Click his linked name to go to his profile where you can send him a message.

8 minutes ago, Viajero Perdido said:

Specifically...  Scroll down to the Publish Listing log, at or near the bottom.  That's the reviewer.  Click their name, Click Send email.

Beat me to it by a second. ;)