Caching with a forerunner

digger9

10 hours ago, digger9 said:

My kids just gave me a Garmin Forerunner 15 for my birthday tonight. I am waiting for it to charge so I can check it out. I see on gsak that you can load some of the forerunners. Does anyone know if you can geocache with this model?

It displays and records time, heart rate, steps, and calories burned.  There may be extra memory space to store waypoints, but it doesn't show location, distance nor bearing (no compass nor map), and can't access waypoints.

But you can upload the data to a PC.  So after running your route, maybe you (or GSAK) can compare that to the Geocaching.com database, to display on the computer, caches that were close to your route.  That's about it.  :anicute:

http://static.garmin.com/pumac/Forerunner_15_OM_EN.pdf

16 hours ago, digger9 said:

My kids just gave me a Garmin Forerunner 15 for my birthday tonight. I am waiting for it to charge so I can check it out. I see on gsak that you can load some of the forerunners. Does anyone know if you can geocache with this model?

It's possible to at least navigate to a waypoint with a Forerunner watch, in the same way that we were able to cache with a Garmin 12 when we first started.  I wouldn't recommend shelving whatever you're currently using, but it might be helpful to use in conjunction with whatever you have now.

(Oh, and happy birthday!)