Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Auld Pharrrt

The GS geochecker

Recommended Posts

Today I had my first mystery cache published and I included the GS geochecker in the listing (other as well, but for my own reasons) ... Can anyone tell me if, as CO, can I view the stats regarding who tried to solve it, who failed to solve it, what co-ords failed etc.?

I know Certitude does this as does others, but I'd like to be able to view some stats on my puzzle.

Share this post


Link to post

As far as I know, Groundspeak's built-in solution checker doesn't provide any statistics to the puzzle cache owner (or to anyone else). That feature has been mentioned in the release notes thread.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

That feature isn't currently available. I would recommend sticking with Certitude or Geochecker if you want that information. This is precisely why I haven't used the built-in checker for any of my caches.

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, FollowMeHawkMom said:

I just published my first puzzle cache and had this same question.  Can I change the geochecker at this point and if so, how? 

 

I haven't tried it myself, but there is a Help Center article that describes how to Enable/Disable the built in checker:

 

https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=97&pgid=906

  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, FollowMeHawkMom said:

I just published my first puzzle cache and had this same question.  Can I change the geochecker at this point and if so, how? 

 

Yes, you can remove the GS checker from your page. Go to the edit page.

I use certitude and geochecker too.

  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I've used the built in checker in part because there's a hint to the puzzle solution the use of it: it only takes a specific set of coords that = the final location.  That clarifies that a specific set of coords is what the seeker must solve for. The other checkers can take words  or approximate coords (horse shoes and hand grenades).  

But it offers no stats, AND it does not appear in the Geocaching.com app.  

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, Isonzo Karst said:

AND it does not appear in the Geocaching.com app

 

You have to add a link to the checker in the description. Here is an example link you must add to the source for the App users :)

<a href="https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC81XHV_gcy8ym#ctl00_ContentBody_uxCacheChecker">Checker</a>

 

Edited by arisoft
  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Isonzo Karst said:

I've used the built in checker in part because there's a hint to the puzzle solution the use of it: it only takes a specific set of coords that = the final location.  That clarifies that a specific set of coords is what the seeker must solve for. The other checkers can take words  or approximate coords (horse shoes and hand grenades).

To be fair, the other checkers that I've seen tell you whether a specific puzzle requires exact coordinates, approximate coordinates, or a keyword. So that kind of hint exists for them too.

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, niraD said:

To be fair, the other checkers that I've seen tell you whether a specific puzzle requires exact coordinates, approximate coordinates, or a keyword. So that kind of hint exists for them too.

 

They do not tell whether the answer is for the final point or not. Many times the checker tells where the cache really is after you enter something else into checker. In these cases the checker it the puzzle to solve.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1

×
×
  • Create New...