The GS geochecker

Auld Pharrrt

Today I had my first mystery cache published and I included the GS geochecker in the listing (other as well, but for my own reasons) ... Can anyone tell me if, as CO, can I view the stats regarding who tried to solve it, who failed to solve it, what co-ords failed etc.?

I know Certitude does this as does others, but I'd like to be able to view some stats on my puzzle.

I've used the built in checker in part because there's a hint to the puzzle solution the use of it: it only takes a specific set of coords that = the final location.  That clarifies that a specific set of coords is what the seeker must solve for. The other checkers can take words  or approximate coords (horse shoes and hand grenades).  

But it offers no stats, AND it does not appear in the Geocaching.com app.  

51 minutes ago, Isonzo Karst said:

AND it does not appear in the Geocaching.com app

You have to add a link to the checker in the description. Here is an example link you must add to the source for the App users :)

<a href="https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC81XHV_gcy8ym#ctl00_ContentBody_uxCacheChecker">Checker</a>

Edited by arisoft
  • Helpful 1
5 hours ago, Isonzo Karst said:

I've used the built in checker in part because there's a hint to the puzzle solution the use of it: it only takes a specific set of coords that = the final location.  That clarifies that a specific set of coords is what the seeker must solve for. The other checkers can take words  or approximate coords (horse shoes and hand grenades).

To be fair, the other checkers that I've seen tell you whether a specific puzzle requires exact coordinates, approximate coordinates, or a keyword. So that kind of hint exists for them too.

15 minutes ago, niraD said:

To be fair, the other checkers that I've seen tell you whether a specific puzzle requires exact coordinates, approximate coordinates, or a keyword. So that kind of hint exists for them too.

They do not tell whether the answer is for the final point or not. Many times the checker tells where the cache really is after you enter something else into checker. In these cases the checker it the puzzle to solve.