Magic: The happening trackable giveaway.

Gill & Tony

Not sure if you're trying for the same promotion that was mentioned  HERE  this past summer?  If so, then I'm pretty sure that all trackables have already been sent out.

In that thread, there was another cacher (@Ma & Pa) that had the same username issue. Not sure if they ever got a resolution.

The same username issue happened with the Mary Hyde trackable promotion and GS created a separate submission page that worked for cachers with names like yours, but I don't think a separate page was created for the Magic promo.  :(

ETA: My post isn't helpful, based on following posts, so I'm striking it out to avoid confusion.

Edited by noncentric
ETA

Hi Tony,

Since you are experiencing an error accessing the webform due to unsupported characters in your username, we have created another webform that we will added to our existing webform. Please email us at geocaching.com/help and we will send you the link to the webform.

Thanks,

Ellis

11 minutes ago, noncentric said:

Not sure if you're trying for the same promotion that was mentioned  HERE  this past summer?  If so, then I'm pretty sure that all trackables have already been sent out.

In that thread, there was another cacher (@Ma & Pa) that had the same username issue. Not sure if they ever got a resolution.

The same username issue happened with the Mary Hyde trackable promotion and GS created a separate submission page that worked for cachers with names like yours, but I don't think a separate page was created for the Magic promo.  :(

https://www.geocaching.com/promotions/promo/magic/

6 hours ago, Gill & Tony said:

I've just tried to register for the chance to win a free trackable, but when I get the form up it says that I am logged in as "Gill", not "Gill & Tony".

Is there any way to fix this?

It's nice that the site has a temp "fix" for this issue ("&" and other characters...) as other promotions in the past, but this has been some time now.

I've been getting creative and going to google with names, and there's usually one of a log, adoption, something with the cacher's name.   I just tried it for yours (clicking on the forum just brings you to "Gill" too...) and was able to access your profile from a cache in December for a Vatican obelisk.  :)

56 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

It's nice that the site has a temp "fix" for this issue ("&" and other characters...) as other promotions in the past, but this has been some time now.

I've been getting creative and going to google with names, and there's usually one of a log, adoption, something with the cacher's name.   I just tried it for yours (clicking on the forum just brings you to "Gill" too...) and was able to access your profile from a cache in December for a Vatican obelisk.  :)

That was an interesting cache.  The whole area was fenced off for erection of a Christmas Tree and the only way I could answer the questions was to take high zoom photos of the obelisk and work from them.

Where there's a will there's a way.

Hello everybody!

I filled in the form to get a Magic TB this session. I was still waiting for the results, but I see some of the new TBs are already moving around. (The weird thing is that it should take time for the TBs to be sent to the winners, so how come some of them have already been won, acquired, activated and moved over thousands of kms?)

So I guess I didn't win, but don't they even send us a notification ? Or will the announcements (and possibly, the TBs) be released over a period of time ?

5 hours ago, Owlaurence said:

Hello everybody!

I filled in the form to get a Magic TB this session. I was still waiting for the results, but I see some of the new TBs are already moving around. (The weird thing is that it should take time for the TBs to be sent to the winners, so how come some of them have already been won, acquired, activated and moved over thousands of kms?)

So I guess I didn't win, but don't they even send us a notification ? Or will the announcements (and possibly, the TBs) be released over a period of time ?

This is the second run for this promotion.  Those you already see moving are from earlier.  :)