Bookmark Lists

two bison

14 minutes ago, two bison said:

Thanks --- And they want us to use the new, updated pages? Why?

Interesting question.  I don't use the new page. Not just because new lists can't be created, but also because the new list page doesn't show the "Description" field and because I have to re-sort it every time so it's in alphabetic order.

15 hours ago, HHL said:

I think noncentric meant that they want the list of lists to be sorted alphabetically. Currently, it always resets to sort by the most recently modified (if it loads at all; it's failing to load the list of lists for me right now).

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, The A-Team said:
16 hours ago, HHL said:

I think noncentric meant that they want the list of lists to be sorted alphabetically. Currently, it always resets to sort by the most recently modified (if it loads at all; it's failing to load the list of lists for me right now).

The A-Team is correct.  I'm talking about having to re-sort every time I go to the "new lists page":  https://www.geocaching.com/account/lists

I do use URL shortcuts often, but users shouldn't need to know how to use URL shortcuts in order to use the site efficiently. If the sorting selection was sticky, then that would be ideal, but as it is right now, the sort method is not sticky even within the same session.

On 11/29/2017 at 0:01 AM, The A-Team said:

I find that a problem too, I'm fed up sending emails about it and NEVER getting any reply of any sort ... I find I can usually load the page once, but trying to return to it and it will not load ... I wish we could default to opt out and stay on the older pages for this one.

Edited by Auld Pharrrt

I am having the same problem with it failing to load my lists.  I click the My Lists link on my profile page and it will open the My Lists page, but it won't display my lists.  I'm using Edge on Windows 10.  If I switch to the old My Lists page it will display my lists but then I can't use the old display to download my caches into my GPSr from the list I have set up for that purpose.  I then tried using IE and it works.  I'd rather not have to switch back and forth because I prefer to use Edge.  Any suggestions on how to make it work in Edge?

Well, I take that back.  IE doesn't work all the time.  It brings up my lists the first time but when I go to the list itself and then try to go back to the My Lists page, the lists won't load.  If I close IE and then open it back up it will pull up the lists again.

Edited by icezebra11
new info