The Cube

igor71

You are evil indeed icon_eek.gif

doug and I are quite familiar with the 'eastside' and have done nearly all of the caches within the boundaries given. But frankly, we could care less about NW movies...until it came to this little game. We are big horror and sci-fi movie buffs!

Needless to say, Doug and I will be playing your little game, and our newbie caching friend Shmoe may be able to come with us. We'd be happy to do some driving. Our vehicle is a smaller SUV that comfortably holds 5 people, so we'd hold two more besides us and Shmoe (if he can come).

I can guarantee you Igor, that you will have more than 3 vehicle loads of people show up to play! Doug and I do have a set of 2-way radios we can contribute to the cause, whether we wind up driving or not.

--laurak of dasein

You are evil indeed icon_eek.gif

doug and I are quite familiar with the 'eastside' and have done nearly all of the caches within the boundaries given. But frankly, we could care less about NW movies...until it came to this little game. We are big horror and sci-fi movie buffs!

Needless to say, Doug and I will be playing your little game, and our newbie caching friend Shmoe may be able to come with us. We'd be happy to do some driving. Our vehicle is a smaller SUV that comfortably holds 5 people, so we'd hold two more besides us and Shmoe (if he can come).

I can guarantee you Igor, that you will have more than 3 vehicle loads of people show up to play! Doug and I do have a set of 2-way radios we can contribute to the cause, whether we wind up driving or not.

--laurak of dasein

As of this post, the cache hasn't been approved yet. But i can't wait to see it as it sounds like a boat-load of fun.

quote:
Originally posted by igor71:

As for choosing teams, I'll be putting that together.

That's too bad, because i totally wanted to impress my sister because i've actually eaten at that restaurant where Jack tells the waitress to hold the chicken salad sandwich between her knees.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

quote:

That's a good idea! Get us out of our 'comfort spaces' to interact with some new friends!

I didn't mean to get a teaming-up started on our earlier post. I was just saying that you can count on the 2 members of dasein and now our buddy Shomoe to be there and that we are willing to drive. Will you be splitting married couples to different teams? I hope not, but if so, that's certainly your perogative. Doug and I do make a good driving/navigating team to to be reckoned with! icon_biggrin.gif

quote:

That's a good idea! Get us out of our 'comfort spaces' to interact with some new friends!

I didn't mean to get a teaming-up started on our earlier post. I was just saying that you can count on the 2 members of dasein and now our buddy Shomoe to be there and that we are willing to drive. Will you be splitting married couples to different teams? I hope not, but if so, that's certainly your perogative. Doug and I do make a good driving/navigating team to to be reckoned with! icon_biggrin.gif

As of today, there are 18 potential players. I can't speak for some of them, so it might actually be less.

John E Cache, Boojum, drea, Team Joyson...

Are you planning on being there? icon_biggrin.gif

As for vehicles, I think we're covered. Some teams will have to take more that one vehicle if 18+ show up. Some players will have to leave their vehicles at the start site and retreive them later, as the finish site is at a different location.

And yes, this will be a loggable cache. There will also be three other loggable caches within The Cube, so you have a chance to add four to your list in one evening. icon_cool.gif

As of today, there are 18 potential players. I can't speak for some of them, so it might actually be less.

John E Cache, Boojum, drea, Team Joyson...

Are you planning on being there? icon_biggrin.gif

As for vehicles, I think we're covered. Some teams will have to take more that one vehicle if 18+ show up. Some players will have to leave their vehicles at the start site and retreive them later, as the finish site is at a different location.

And yes, this will be a loggable cache. There will also be three other loggable caches within The Cube, so you have a chance to add four to your list in one evening. icon_cool.gif

It seems the only caches I can find are the group caches. I've been skunked on my last two cache attempts. I'm looking forward to the Cube. I'm hoping to hitch a ride when I get there. My van only has two seats icon_frown.gif. I could take a bunch cattle style though if rides are in short supply. If I knew I had a ride I would take the MAX.

I'm not a native Oregonian. The only movies I knew were in Oregon were "Animal House" and "The Shining" and they weren't close to Portland.

It seems the only caches I can find are the group caches. I've been skunked on my last two cache attempts. I'm looking forward to the Cube. I'm hoping to hitch a ride when I get there. My van only has two seats icon_frown.gif. I could take a bunch cattle style though if rides are in short supply. If I knew I had a ride I would take the MAX.

I'm not a native Oregonian. The only movies I knew were in Oregon were "Animal House" and "The Shining" and they weren't close to Portland.

I'll have the teams worked out when we meet up.

I think everyone will be happy with the way I've set things up for the teams. We'll have a good balance of familiar and new faces.

Also, I won't be seperating married couples.

Sorry about the "A"....My initial post had a hangup.

[This message was edited by igor71 on September 14, 2002 at 06:10 PM.]

[This message was edited by igor71 on September 14, 2002 at 06:13 PM.]

-------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------

First of all, Animal House was filmed in Eugene which isn't all that far. And only the outside of Timberline Lodge was filmed for The Shining. OOps did I say that out loud. Dare I tempt the wrath of Igor.Can't wait!!!!

Did you eat paint chips as a child? Huh, why?

quote:
Originally posted by Sassquatch:

First of all, Animal House was filmed in Eugene which isn't all that far.

Alright, i hate to be a stickler here, but a good chunk of Animal House was filmed in and around Cottage Grove. But i will say this: Animal House is the best thing to ever happen to Willamette Street, especially as it has since been unwisely transformed into a pedestrian mall.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

Originally posted by oregone:

Alright, i hate to be a stickler here, but a good chunk of Animal House was filmed in and around Cottage Grove. But i will say this: Animal House is the best thing to ever happen to Willamette Street, especially as it has since been unwisely transformed into a pedestrian mall

I once stood in Eugene and urinated in Cottage Grove at the same time. Man, talk about a tough crowd. I can give you my former girlfriends last known address if need be. She was born and raised in Cottage Grove. I really am looking forward to meeting all of the participants. By the way, I have 2 FRS radios to add to the mix.

Boy, am I drunk?

[This message was edited by Sassquatch on September 16, 2002 at 01:51 AM.]

Animal House was the best thing...

When I attended U of O, I could feel the ghost of Bluto around every corner.

As for being drunk, we don't tolerate none of that 'round here...

-----------------------

Here's a question...

The forecast is calling for showers tomorrow and clouds on Wednesday. If it's raining on the 17th, would you rather shift the game date to the 18th (same time)? I realize that this would mean some folks would be unable to come, but I don't know how many of you don't mind the rain.

You will have to be out of your cars for more than five minutes on three of the caches. The rest are probably a bit quicker to find.

So...who will play, rain or shine?