Logging a drop

Darth Sideous

Hello I’m relatively new to geocaching and my first effort logging a travel bug drop has not gone well.  I thought I virtually dropped the bug in the “Nice and Quiet I” cache in Lincoln,NE 11/22, but I received a message from ElkaLover saying that she could not grab it; that it was in my inventory.  I attempted to drop it again, but I show nothing in my inventory.  Looking at the log in more detail, I moved the bug it to my collection 11/22.  As I understand it, I can drop a bug from my inventory, but nobody can access the bug if it is listed in my collection.  Do I need to make another log entry to transfer it to my inventory?  Can I delete the 11/25 entries?  Thanks for setting me straight!

It looks like you already moved the TB from your collection to your inventory. The whole "collection" thing is confusing. I don't move any TB's owned by someone else to my collection. I just try to keep the TB moving along from one cache to another, although I sometimes am bad about leaving a TB at home or in a different vehicle when I go out caching.

So, now that you have the TB in your inventory - You can go to your Found It log for the "Nice and Quiet I" cache  HERE, click on the pencil icon at the upper right to edit the log, scroll down to the bottom and select "Dropped Off" next to the TB's name, click on "Submit Log Entry" button. This will drop the TB into the cache, and then ElkaLover can retrieve it from the cache to get the TB into their inventory.

If you want to delete some of your logs on the TB's page HERE  - You can click on "Visit Log" next to your log entries, then click on the trash can icon at the upper right, then click on "Yes" above the TB's name to confirm your choice. If I was you, I would delete the 4 "moved" logs.

• Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, noncentric said:

The whole "collection" thing is confusing. I don't move any TB's wned by someone else to my collection. I just try to keep the TB moving along from one cache to another...

Same here.   Maybe a different time, but we weren't brought up thinking it ok to keep things not ours. 

I really thought this collectible/not stuff would've been corrected by now...