Making your own swag

millieballon

In the past I used my store bought, personal tags as swag in caches.
Lately I'm making more stuff myself.
My newest creations are small birdcoins, made from small stones and wood slices.
Bird coin Instructions can be found here.
Another project is: Georocks. Handpainted rocks with geocaching images and quotes.
Georock instructions and samples.
My favorites are the geobuddies: making new friends

Hope you like them and would be happy to see your version or other idea's

Img_3181.jpg

Edited by millieballon
  • Upvote 5
  • Helpful 1

I love the idea of making your own trackables. Here are my homemade ones. Unfortunately, like most trackables, they keep getting stolen, or "held hostage" by other cachers who find them and don't place them in another cache. For that reason I hesitate to spend a lot of time and money on them. If they go "missing" (they are reported NOT to be in whatever cache inventory the last finder says they are) then I can easily just make replacement. If they are "hostage" (held by the same person for several months or a year) I politely email that cacher and ask that they be moved on. If the cacher doesn't respond to me, I "grab" it back, make a replacement and re-release. Frustrating; but it works.

I also like to make my own swag - things like carved/painted wooden tokens/coins, beaded bracelets, tiny crochet toys. There is another Hide it - Find it type game around my area that involves painted rocks, so I typically do not place those in a geocache, since it's part of that separate game which is designed mostly for children who do not have/understand how GPS works.

lorax.jpg

butterfly.jpg

humu.jpg

• Upvote 2