Geo Gems

Rustynails

49 minutes ago, Twinklekitkat said:

Have you tried reaching out to the user who started this topic in 2008?

https://forums.geocaching.com/GC/index.php?/topic/190365-introducing-geogems™/

If these are still available I'd love to purchase one too. 

I tried the users link and get this:  

Can’t connect securely to this page
This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner.

I'll send a email but have little hope.

Hmm, I have a diamond and a sapphire in my collection. 

http://www.geogems.us/ Sales links to a broken site but maybe you can get somewhere from what is there. Look up the domain owner and email them.

If you pull the domain info, you'll get a name and if you search that name, you'll find a facebook profile that is of the creator of the gems. He most likely still has some stashed away, if you were to ask.

Edited by fbingha
16 hours ago, rustynails. said:

I tried the users link and get this:  

Can’t connect securely to this page
This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner.

I'll send a email but have little hope.

It's odd that you would get a security warning for the user's profile page?  THIS LINK is for the cacher that started the Forum topic and created the GeoGems. It shouldn't trigger a security warning to view their geocaching.com profile page.  If you can get to their profile, then you could also try sending them a message, besides just an email.

However, it looks like they haven't logged onto the website in half-a-year and it's been more than a year since they logged a cache find.  All of their hides are archived as well, so maybe they dropped out of the hobby.  :(   But if they did drop out, then maybe they still have a stash of inventory leftover and would be willing to part with it.