Temporarily Disabled Listings

Tarahead

Would someone please explain this to me? I understand when caches are temporarily disabled due to a few DNFs, owner maintenance issues, etc. I am seeing several caches that I had previously found, are now temporarily disabled. Each say the standard “ your cache has been under the weather....and may need owner intervention “.

The ones I looked up have all been recently found, no maintenance issues, no recent DNF. Why do these caches become disabled with no obvious issues?

This one is an example: GC15GTE

Edited by Tarahead

There isn't one. But if you read the "Note" log posted just before the Temporary Disable log, you'll see the problem that was brought up.

Apparently the reviewer that posted the "Note" used that instead of a Needs Maintenance log. But if you read it, you see that the listing needs maintenance. ;)

8 hours ago, Tarahead said:

It is most likely because I am fairly new, but I don’t see any log indicating “ needs maintenance “. The last log was 10.01.17 with a find. Then I see the note, then the disabled

The Note is really a Needs Maintenance log that the reviewer mislabeled.

I always thought a Reviewer Note is a clear indication that a cache needs attention from the owner. In fact around here it might have even more weight than a Needs Mainentance, because the way to archive can be quite short if you don't react.

Until now I never have seen a reviewer (as reviewer, not as player) posting a Needs Maintenance on a cache around here, only Reviewer Notes, disabling and archiving.

• Upvote 2
8 hours ago, AnnaMoritz said:

I always thought a Reviewer Note is a clear indication that a cache needs attention from the owner. In fact around here it might have even more weight than a Needs Mainentance, because the way to archive can be quite short if you don't react.

Until now I never have seen a reviewer (as reviewer, not as player) posting a Needs Maintenance on a cache around here, only Reviewer Notes, disabling and archiving.

This wasn't a Reviewer Note, it was a plain old Note from a reviewer. I guess you're right that reviewers normally post Reviewer Notes and never post Needs Maintenance logs. I'd never thought about that, but I agree that's standard practice although now that I'm thinking about it, I don't know why. But, anyway, in this case it was just a note, and that made it easy to overlook as evidenced by the fact that the OP missed it even after someone pointed it out.