Oregon 6x0 Firmware 5.20 - Warning!!!

Atlas Cached

2 hours ago, HHL said:

Why can't you post the warning here? Just making the users read this?:

Please consider making a donation to help with continued development!

I'm pretty annoyed.

Hans

Trying really hard to be annoyed, Hans?

Sounds like maybe you didn't even make it to the Firmware page (with links to original discussion and supporting documentation) where the warning is posted?

I know many Oregon 6x0 users frequent this forum and I wanted to share this information with them by providing the source where I first learned about this issue.

I am certain some of them will appreciate it.

As a mod (that also runs resources where I rely on community support) I have to walk a careful line, I'll admit to typing and then discarding a request/warning that it'd have been more tasteful IMHO, to include some amount of the text of the problem and direct links to the discussion.

In the future, please include a more self contained post. Sites like GPSrchive are a tradition of GPS - indeed, most tech topics - but try a more balanced approach that compromises page views and a flow of information.

Garmin 6x0 users upgrading to 5.20 should see the gpsrchive forum discussion and bugreport#80 about garbled background images.

HHL, Atlas Cached - like you - is a long time member here with a long history of helping others. Please be nice.

• Upvote 1